Thursday, April 28, 2005

Small woodland creatures

Thought I'd take this opportunity to discuss one of the odd things in my life that gives me neverending joy... not booze, not boys, not my bike....but tiny animals.

Yeah, i really dig small woodland creatures. [and no, prevert, not in a sexual way] I realised this today after the really crappy commute to work today.

I ride the train for approx. 40 minutes each way every day...and thats after walking to the station which takes upwards of 10 minutes. I get on the train[groan] , wait for all the jackaninnies that work downtown to get off at third street station [where i, too, useda work when i was all about being waydowntown] so i can sit down [ug] , fight not falling asleep until my stop[blah] , then grudge up the stairs....until....

I see the little prairie dogs frolicking, scampering, and being utterly and vapidly happy and i cheer up. Sometimes there are really fat ones and i pretend that hes the king/boss/ undisputed leader of the gophers and he gets first dibs on food and, naturally, the chicks. Sometimes there are ones that dont stay on the hill and grass and instead scamper along the sidewalk and road. I think that those are the daredevils of the prairie dogs... like its Fear factor or maybe Jackass..and they are really the cool dogs to hang with. Better yet, maybe they are the explorers looking for a place for a new PD kingdom.....

Anyways, so i really like the gophers at Southland station. Being amused at them sure beats returning to smoking or chronic potsmoking or binge eating to be cheerful in the morning. And dont even get me started on the adventures of the squirrels at Jer's place... those mofos have it goin on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope I can make it back to read the posts again.Candidly, Louella anorexia causes