Monday, July 04, 2005

The Official Day of my trying to get my Shit together

Approximately at the beginning of every month, I decide im going to get my shit together. Its usually on the 1st Monday of the month right after i check my account balance and contemplate all the other expenses i have in the next few days...

However, by the 10th or 12th day of the month, Ive totally pitched the list and pretty much forgotten what i was planning to do, and why. Ive also noticed that the lists that i make are on post-its...usually numbered as to 'importance'...and usually become de facto coasters or doodlepads at some time in the month. They also lose their stickiness and usually end up on the floor. So to prevent me from losing this month's list... i will post it here... lets see if i actually complete any of this shit:

1. Fix Shoes -- last year at Stampede [which was almost exactly a year ago...Stampede starts this Thursday] i tripped over a hay bale/ beer trough/ passed out individual while intoxicated and pulled the sole right off my faux cowboy boots. I paid $11.00 for those bad boys and fixing them will likely cost double that, however they are a neccessary evil if you want to pull off the cheesy cowgirl look that i so admire. I also have to fix my black sandals being that i broke a heel in them last Thursday when i played hooky from work and ended up humping Jer in the bushes along the river.... however, i digress...

2. Exercise more -- This is always on my list. Prolly on everyones list. It goes together with #3 "Eat better". Yes, I try to kickbox still twice a week...but the problem is that i normally only make it to one class because of work. I still live in fear that some day, when im not watching it, my ass is going to flop and then I'll be screwed. The food thing... well, after a long weekend where i had the munchies more than a few times, i always feel like i eat a lot of crap. The remedy?: for the next 2 days i will eat salads for lunch. By Wednesday, I'll be back to Swiss cheese crackers and fried chicken.

4. Cancel Visa-- this is a new one. I havent seen my Visa in a few days. Prolly should cancel it.

5. Consolidate debts-- also a fairly new one. I owe a lot of people money. I'm thinking to prevent muthafuckin Guido from coming to break my legs I should somehow manage them all in a better way. Have just one massive payment instead of 8,000 piddly ass little ones. Oh, and make it direct debit so i dont need to think about it.

6. Call best friends-- My best friends live in Vancouver and Toronto. I havent seen either in over a year...and havent called either in about 6 months. Yah. I suck.

7. Go to the doctor (with "!?!?!?" next to it) I'm not a hypochondriac, but i always think im sick or allergic to something...yet never actually go to a doctor. Usually the headaches/red bumps/sinus pain goes away and i never bother going. I prolly have typhoid/hanta virus/ yellow fever or something and have been infecting tons of people without even knowing it.

8. Do drycleaning. Blah. Its not going to happen. Give up already, Juicy... just buy new clothes.

9. Fix holes in wall. Remember this day? [ http://juicya.blogspot.com/2004/12/frank-tank-returns.html ] I still havent fixed the holes. Really need to do that.

We'll thats that. Let's see what [if any] i actually accomplish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ready for your interview questions Juicy? Hehehehe

First of all you need to copy & paste the instructions from my blog to insure the meme continues then answer the questions below.

Here ya go!

1) What is the kinkiest thing you have ever done? Details please!

2) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?

3) What do you check out first? The face or the butt (or something else)?

4) If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

5) What is your dream vacation?

Okay - they wern't quite as intimate as I had hinted. I'll give you some others if you prefer. Just let me know!

Kisses - Carrie

Cindy said...

How's this getting your shit together stuff working out for you?

JuicyA said...

So yesterday [Jul 19] i took a "personal day" and actually got the visa thing, drycleaning, made some calls, and tried to get some loans consolidated... even had time to clean the fishtank and get a bikini wax... apparently i just need to play hooky once a month to acheive anything. [and i liked watching Dr Phil again too...]