Friday, July 29, 2005

This is sad. ( or the 5 stages of my work induced insanity)

I havent written in a week. Boy do i suck. Work has been pretty friggin crazy this week...in a firm with 9 lawyers, 5 are on vacation. And being the most junior here, I inherited all of their files for the next week or two. So besides trying to keep my clients from killing their exes, stealing their children, or breaking into tears I am also consulting on wills and estates, trying to get judgments from France registered, and helping people who have been arrested from breaching restraining orders...while trying to remain sane/professional in the process. Fuck.

Guess what. It aint happening. On Tuesday the little switch in my brain clicked from "SANE" to "INSANE". I found myself putting post-it notes on everything (cross referenced by colour and number, of course) and then started making lists.... and then a master list for all the lists....then a master list for all the post-its...then, well, fuck you get it.

However, on Wednesday, the OCD/ compulsive/ Type A personality was replaced by her more destructive cousin... Princess Apathy. Instead of getting to work at 830, I woke up at 830. I ended up leaving at 1230 and going for an hour lunch with Jer and decided to work from home at 330. It was like I expended all my energy on Tuesday and all that remained was this shell of a person...who just wanted to hang out, sleep, and maybe jack off.

Thursday I was a different sort of wreck. Although i got a lot done and finished a lot of stuff that has been hovering over me for weeks, I was an idiot. I couldnt stop giggling at everything. I had a phone call with the Minister of Child Welfare and i kept cracking jokes....he actually laughed too. (although i stopped short of calling him "dude". I seem to call opposing counsel that all the time and one of these times im going to get in shit) I also wore my bright red flip flops all day. I never noticed it either. Im sure my assistant did, but prolly let it go because she knows im under some stress.

Today. Im efficient (save for the 15 minutes ive been typing this). Ive delegated a lot of stuff (makes me feel like a grown up when i get to call people into my office and give them timelines and such...although not too much of a grown up cuz im still wearing my flip flops.)

Its the long weekend this weekend, and i think i deserved it. Next week will likely also be hell...but at least only 4 days of it. This weekend Im going to drink, get stoned, and break shit. And maybe help Jer build a deck.

6 comments:

CBK said...

"and maybe jack off." Um, Juicy, is there something we should know about you? ;-)

That's hilarious about calling opposing counsel "Dude"!

Glad to have you back! BTW, what's the holiday that's resulting in a three day weekend?

Cindy said...

Like the new profile picture.

That's hot.

JuicyA said...

the new pic-- was taken after drinking too many red bulls and vodka and i decided to take 32 pictures of myself dancing around my apartment. it was by far the funniest.

Cindy said...

but what did you dance to?

JuicyA said...

"if i was a rich girl..na na na na na na na na na naaaa...id have all the money in the world, if i was a wealthy girl" (or something like that....)
i believe my Feb 22 post has a few more pictures of it... sad really. but also damned hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, you have a really useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on as seen on tv fitness I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest...now to move on and continue my search for as seen on tv fitness. Thanks for the post.