Friday, March 14, 2008

Greetings from the Funeral District

Yes. I moved.

Into a house located in an area of Calgary famed for its cemetaries and funeral homes-- Highland Park. Come for the cremations, stay for the burial...

Id like to say it was a pretty easy move but it wasnt. I dont want to relive the whole hellish experience, but here are some highlights.

1. Jer and I decided to do all the packing last Saturday. And to help us, we decided to dabble in the cocaine. All of a sudden I was a one woman packing machine. Say what you want to about hard drugs, sometimes they have a great purpose.

2. We decided ( after realising how much shit we actually had) to rent a truck instead of relying on loading stuff into Jer's brother's pick up truck... which brings us to how...

3. Everyone pretty much bailed on us. Jers younger brother was there from 400 to 600 and his older brother from 1030 to 1100. The rest was us...I was not a happy camper. Moving into a split level is like deciding you want to do a major workout on a stairclimber...while holding boxes.

4. The dogs were stressed the whole time. We tried to keep them amused with toys, bones, and going for walks, but they still were annoyed. To make it worse, at 10 pm when we were all pissy and stressy, Digit decided to bite Eva....taking a chunk out of her ear and making her bleed everywhere. Niiiice.

5. I was also not impressed by the fact that after moving from 700 am to 130 am, I had to go to Court the next morning. Man oh man was i piiiiisssssed.

6. We spent all day Wednesday cleaning our old place. Ug. Again, not fun.

Despite all that crap, we are now in a kickass house in a kickass neighbourhood and my puppies have a big yard to run around in. I dont plan to keep writing about my house, cuz I find it kinda boring...and this aint Home and Garden TV...go somewhere else to hear about the benefits of eggshell vs. ecru paint, you sickos... But, here are some shots of what it looked like when we moved in...



bedroom loft and kitchen



My living room = ski lodge



i have a real kitchen!



Bubble window to the left..bedroom to the right



happy greyhounds

5 comments:

CBK said...

Looks awesome! Congrats.

Cindy said...

I want a house. Everyone's getting a house. Next thing I know, you're gonna be pregnant and then I'll know six pregnant chicks.

Andrea said...

Cinders, I just got rid of my house. And I'm loving the apartment. The end.

Congrats on your house, dude. It looks and sounds awesome. Other than, you know, the bleeding greyhound. Ugh.

JuicyA said...

cinders: thats not funny. touch wood. now. touch wood so it doesnt happen.... I SAID FUCKING TOUCH WOOD!!!!

other than that... yeah it rules...thanks everyone

CBK said...

"touch wood so it doesn't happen"

Um, isn't that exactly how getting pregnant happens? ;-)