Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Amy Winehouse, holy ho downs, and video vixens

Whoa. Its been a long time when you cant remember what your password is. eep.

Sorry, all. Its really flippin hard to blog in the summer. No offence. Its just that i get super busy at work ( which is when i usually blog) and then during my time off work, the last thing i feel like is hangin out with a computer. (Fuck. This guy is now going to crash on me... hes such a bitch, and yes, my computer is male)

So lemme see. A few weeks ago, back when i started being less interested in typing and more interested in playing outside, Jer and I went to Kelowna, I attempted to wake surf ( note: "attempted") and had a fucking awesome time.

On the way back, we decided to stop at a bunch of fun 'roadside attraction' type places. I finally got to go to the 3 Valley Gap ghosttown that i always wanted to stop at when i was a kid and see all the tourista crap. Its strange that people never go to tourist trap thingys in their own towns and areas..when its normally the first thing they hit up when they are in a different country. Anyways, I digress. So we went there and then to Canyon Hotsprings. While at the hotsprings, some guy called me Amy Winehouse. Um....thanks

Stampede just ended here. Thank christ. The next douchebag in a cowboy hat yelling at me to take my shirt off was going to get a fat lip. Its strange how overnight in this city everyone becomes an insta-douche. And drunk. Ok, maybe not everyone. Some people act all 'Im not going down to that level, Im waaay to hip' and do Anti-Stampede events and parties. And gets drunk. So this year, I played 'let Stampede come to me, and I will do it, otherwise I will avoid it like the plague.' oh, and I got drunk. One event i did go to was a punk rock breakfast that invloved a lot of Caesars, some definately not country music, and hay bales (note: every place from the bank to daycares have hay bales in front of them during Stampede. Totally fucked.) I also wore a belt buckle that says Texas on it most days to work. That was my Stampede. Didnt even see the fireworks.

Last Saturday I was in a music video. I wore a bikini.

Holy fuck super wordy post. Ok Im done

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

Ah, ya gotta love the "cowboys"!

Bliss said...

I was through there once a few years back when the Stampede was going on. I sympathize with your plight.