Monday, June 23, 2008

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits.

Ah, George Carlin. RIP. May you use the 7 words in heaven as you never were allowed on earth.

Honestly, I think Tits is the only word that i dont use in regular rotation here on the blog. I must rectify that in old George's memory. Ill try to start slippin it in when I can. (haha. Slipping in and out "tits"? That means Id be tittyfucking.)

So I went to the Virgin fest this weekend and it kicked my ass. Pretty fuckin awesome. As expected, STP put on a great show. I had heard rumours that Scott had been acting up and there were already concerns about his sobreity...but luckily they held it together long enough for me to seem them. Wow. It only took 15 years.

As usual whenever I see celebs up close I am amazed on how tiny they are. Seriously, that guy was prolly 100 pounds soaking wet. This links to a video someone took of them on Saturday. Pretty damned cool, man.

Speaking of tits*, the Flaming Lips were surreal. I have never wished I was on mushrooms in public in all my life. Between Wayne Coyne's hamsterball, the flashlight holding teletubbies and all the balloons and confetti, it may have been the oddest show I have ever seen. I was really happy on the amount of people that seemed to know the words of their songs (and not just the ones that are commercials). Sing along to Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots here with me and my Calgarian kin. (*there were tits,actually ... three naked chicks jumped on stage with them)

Despite being one of the first acts of the day, the Fratellis also had a great lively show. Maybe its just the scottish accent which always melts me, but I really enjoyed them and have since bought their album and a have a Tshirt on order on Ebay. (no Vfest videos on youtube, sorry) I also ran into them later in teh show and told the drummer that i heart them.

The suprise of the day was Face to Face, who were the sole punk act of the 'Fest. They put on a great set with lotsa energy and made some jabs at the people who were just there waiting for Three Days Grace (aka band that plays on commercial radio and had a legion of teen fans there) to play.

Most people who would blog about VFest would also complain that the beer garden and piss lines were too long. Neither really affected me. I was too excited about the music to get wasted and miss everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still am squealing inside with delight from the STP concert and all the other bands i enjoyed. My personal fave is still "Plush" when he ran down and was singing so close you could feel his sweat..
I didn't think the bathroom line was too long?? Both times I think we got in right away.
So when is the next festival??
Lemon

ty bluesmith said...

tits is gross. i usually go with titties.