Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19-- fuck! already?

First of all, its November 19. I hate November 19.

I really had grandiose plans of blogging for every day of November. I am a dreamer. An unrealistic dreamer.

In case you are unaware (ie. because you are a. not Canadian or b. do not care) Calgary's football team the Stampeders, which I do actually cheer for, are in the Grey Cup this Sunday. I am very very very excited about this. I have been to a bunch of Stamps games this season and was at last Saturday's triumphant victory. Had we not of won, I would likely be complaining about how frickin cold it was that day...but the memory of my frozen ass is not as great as the jubilation of the win.

Saturday also Jer and I found this really cute baby kitten on our street. We brought her in, fed her, kept her overnight and put up signs in our neighbourhood. I was starting to think that even a dog person can like a cat....until Eva tried to eat her. We ended up taking her to a vet clinic who would look for her owner or take her to the SPCA if no one showed. I am still kinda sad about it.

I am also sad about my pant situation. I own pants varying in sizes from 2 to 10. None fit me...and not in the ways you'd expect. I have size 8s that are too small and 4s that i need a belt to keep up. Seriously. what the fuck? Id go buy new ones, but what size? And really, what would be the point? So the next time I lose/gain five pounds they wont fit? Fuck it. Im buying all lycra from now on.

I am now officially in love with Flight of the Conchords. I giggle about them all day long. Currently I have the French song in my head. Ahhh, La conversation dans la parc! I guess what makes them even funnier is that Jer manages a band with 2 people in it...and made a video...and tshirts...with robots. I havent asked if he does roll call at the beginning of each meeting.

Hey, how 'bout them Oilers?

This post has been quite the clusterfuck. I have pretty much posted 6 different posts in one. That means Im only 2 days off from posting every day this month. Yippee.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Dude...I have an ongoing love affair with the Flight of the Conchords. Love the hell outta them. The second season starts in January on HBO. I have the DVDs. I have them on my 'pod. I watch videos on YouTube at any opportunity. It's ridiculous.

Bliss said...

You could also go the Jersey girl route, and go velour track suits full-time. ;)

Karl Plesz said...

I'm so glad you finally discovered FOTC. They are so damned funny. "If that's what you're into"

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are posting more lately (me too). I've added you to my feed reader so I can stay up to date.

FOTC is hilarious. As ridiculous as a lot of the plot points are, I've actually experienced some of them. Horrendous gigs, the lone crazy obsessed fan, quirky management, etc. Fun stuff.