Wednesday, November 05, 2008

While it seems that everyone else in the free world was watching his acceptance speech I was in bed reading a Douglas Adams book.

So, I love exit polls. It was one of my fave things to write about when I got my first degree ( Fun fact: My Political Science BA has a specialization in Political Psychology and Voting Behaviour.). On all the twenty seven hours of election coverage, they base so much of their info on what people are telling them...effectively informing those who have not yet voted who is likely ahead if they want to jump on the old bandwagon...however, a lot of people do lie. No one wants to be a racist or sexist, right?

So, because all that I do on my blog is educational and scientific, I decided to do my own exit polls:


Name: Ma'at-- Egyptian Goddess of Virtue and Justice.
Age: Few thousand or so
Voted for: McCain. They were in the same homeroom in Home Ec.



Name: Princess Puppyhead
Age: 6 mos.
Voted For: McCain. As a pitbull, she also likes wearing lipstick sometimes. And shes full of folksy cuteness...*wink*



Name: Snowbie the Non-Seasonal Snowman
Age: twenty something
Voted for: Obama. A snowman for all seasons, a president for all reasons. (I told him this was lame and he got really mad at me)



Name: Gumby and his "life partner" Pokey
Age: Mid 50s
Voted for: Obama. Ahem, guess why.



Then I told them all that they are just the toys in my office and not elligible to vote due to the facts that they are 1) Not registered 2) Not American and 3) Inanimate.

3 comments:

the viking said...

I rather enjoyed the blog subtitle homage to 'Brandy.' :)

And have them vote in Chicago - none of those problems would make a lick of difference. ;)

JuicyA said...

Brandy is perhaps one of the most underrated hits of our age. Its so awesome I am surprised there hasnt been an R an B or Teachno re-mix of it yet.

Buzz said...

Princess Puppy-head is a blind conservative. You can see it in her eyes. I'm not surprised one bit how she voted.