Thursday, January 29, 2009

Welcome to the French Revolution

Hi, Im Robespierre. Whatsup.**

So, first, I found out my partners gave themselves a 15 thousand bonus each, not hundred. Yeah. Close your mouth, yer gonna catch flies.

In response to that little factoid, myself and the other 2 employees who were passed up for bonuses were mad as hell and, in fact, decided we were not going to take it any more. We asked the partners into the boardroom and i happily informed them that we were made aware of the bonuses handed out and we wanted to know why were were passed up. I have never seen two forty-something men squirm like they were hauled into the principal's office before. They asked to speak to us separately and then told me, simply, that i made too much last year to be earning a bonus. Hmmmm... lets see...I bring in most of the revenue this year...you guys bring in less...and my repayment is being told i make too much. Yeah, great concept. Work hard and get shit all.

Anyways, the whole office is now extremely tense. The people who got bonuses feel bad, the bosses are mad at us for bringing this up, and we are all still without bonuses and pissed to hell. Hooray. Let the heads start to roll.

I should mention that if i wasnt the one who brought in so much, I wouldnt had had the guts to confront them. I mean, they cant fire me. How would they pay the bills?

Now that im super pissy, I need to go watch Flight of the Conchords again. Its here if you dont have HBO. Word.

(** I took a course in the French Revolution in University. Which means I shouldnt compare myself to Robespierre, cuz it didnt end too well for him. Plus, Im more like Danton politically...)

3 comments:

The CEO said...

Why not start Juicy's Law Firm, over a Bar and Dance Hall? You could own it all, and just call it Juicy's! A little something for everyone. And if the building is big enough, a Dog Emporium on the side? Covers all your basic interests!

Bliss said...

Oh, well, that's bullshit.

Karl Plesz said...

Ouch... that sucks. At our work, we had to 'bridge a funding gap' between two projects by taking forced vacation. No 15G bonus either. Geez, I'm drooling at the concept of a 15G bonus. FUCK!