Thursday, May 19, 2005

Wookiee Madness

So approx. 28 yrs ago something magical happened....no, gentle reader, not my birthday [which is in 5 days BTW] but a little movie called Star Wars: A New Hope. Is it fate that it came out a mere day before my Bday? Being that I'm an uber geek when it comes to all things Star Wars [and, actually, all things Sci Fi], I really think so. I actually dated a guy once [sadly, it was Dumbass] who said he couldn't date a girl who was born after Episode IV came out, and i made it just under the wire for that one. [dang, maybe it was a sign that i shoulda run from the start ]. However, I digress... [as i am apt to do when discussing both boys and how im a nerd]

Now, Im not a total geek... I didnt wait in line to see the first screening of Epidode III at 12:01 am this morning [although i did think about it]... I'm not currently wearing a Boba Fett mask [although i did ask for one for my Birthday] ... and my hair isnt in Princess Leia Organa-esque buns at the moment [Ok, thats a lie... and ive also done the "Help me, Obi-Wan You're my only Hope" scene twice to my car already today...did i mention his name is Obi-Wan Volknobi? Yeah.]
But really, Im not that hardcore. I mean, I will prolly see the movie tonight...maybe one or two times....and maybe again this weekend.

Then again, every time ive seen the trailer... I do get chills up my spine and then practically cream my jeans. Especially when i see the Wookiees. Did you know that they go to the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk? And Yoda leads Chewbacca and the leader of the Wookiees, Tarfull, in joining the battle? And then Chewbacca goes "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRG!" and puts his arms in the air? And it fucking rocks? I already bought all three of the Wookiee action figures [of course, 2 were presents for Jer...but i get to still play with them] so i can make them save the galaxy in their extra-special Wookiee way. And my screen saver here at work says "Chewie is my Co-pilot" and my MSN name is "Straight outta Kashyyyk"...

Fuck I take it back. Im one step away from making movies of me swinging a faux lightsaber and posting them on the internet. Now If you dont mind, I have to go research what Padme Amidala Naberrie Skywalker will be wearing in Episode III, so i can make a replica to wear to the movie tonight.

2 comments:

Biognome said...

You and I would probably be great friends, if we lived in the same town. I have a Boba Fett mask. Today, the 19th, is not only the day ep III comes out, it's my anniversary. (See my post for today). And my 22 pound cat's name is Vader. (again, see my post!)

Deek Deekster said...

come on come on, where is your list o' blog links in the right hand column?? you've had 2 days to get that together after I explained how to get comments, and left you one, and linked to you!! call yourself a blogger it's just not good enough. i am recalling the Queen in protest ;)