Friday, November 05, 2004

Some advice from Dr. Phil

Dr Phil's topic on Friday kinda hit a nerve. Or, more correctly, my funny bone. The topic? "How do you look when you drink?" And lemme tell you, me and the posse coulda been the stars of the show.

Basically, the whole show was film footage of mid to late 20 year olds getting drunk and puking, making out with people, getting rowdy, and dancing. And i watched it saying "Hey that looks like X...and thats totally Y!". Too funny. But i think the message was totally lost on me. After watching the show, I went and did Dr Phil's quiz on "Do you have a drinking problem?". I took the quiz and got 11 out of 20. This is what the good doctor had to say to that...

According to the Office of Health Care Programs at Johns Hopkins University Hospital, if you answered as few as three of these questions with a Yes it is a definite sign that your drinking patterns are harmful and considered alcohol dependent or alcoholic. If you answered Yes to three or more of these questions, you should consider seeking an evaluation by a healthcare professional.

Screw you. Seriously? Three? I bet all my friends will score waaay above that.

Well, not to ignore the advice of the good doctor, went to a house party that night...and ended up doing all of the stuff he was villifying. Drinkin, pukin, and pickin up. [yes, the number went up again...damn!] And my posse was about the same.

Im sure the advice of Dr Phil was well meaning, but I know that my behaviour is bad, im not denying it...i just really like it. And i know that the first step of any problem is admit it. Ok, got that done. Thats good for me.

No comments: