Thursday, September 23, 2004

Back from the Beach

Yeah yeah yeah... dont start with me, i know its been a while. Maybe i was hoping you didnt notice. Maybe i just am too laid back still from the trip to care. I plan to post my travel journal entries as soon as im not too lazy to do such. I thought id take this entry to speak to the promises i made to myself the day before i left for the trip.

1. No clocks. No timetables. No extreme planning. --> Did this and how! Never pulled my watch out once. Used my alarm clock on only 2 occasions. [both for diving/snorkelling trips] Actually, it was pretty easy to get up in the morning being that the sun came up at 500am and set at 600pm, so we would party til the wee hours of 1100pm and it felt late.
As for the timetable/planning thing, be proud of yours truly...i never bought a guidebook and we basically relied on the odd things i had read on backpacker websites, what people told us, and the saintly girl in the Belize City airport who said "Go to Caye Caulker". The closest to me being a plan nazi was when i refused to stay on CC one more day.

2. My big hair --> Dude. Its still big. Thank Kester for that...Miss M kept saying it looked good. He told me straight was boring, and then he kissed me later that day. Okie.

3. Sex and the Beach. --> No, I didnt. Sorry to dissapoint. Came close once and gave a little of my superpower after some skinny dippin in San Pedro, but thats it. With a brit. The only boys i wanted to get it on with a) never saw after the first night [Jay of California] and b) never got to it cuz we had to hide from the security guard at his hostel [Matt of Chicago...yeah theres a long story there!] [Mental Note: hmmm. maybe i shud go to the states?!>!]

4. Be DangerGirl--> Check. She is proud. Shoulda done more cliff jumping, quite pleased with the singing with the band, however the clausterphobia demon kept me from out of cave exploration.

5. I did this trip for me. Not for Marco, not for Mark, not for Ian, not for the fucks that caused me to lose my job, and not for any fucks who got to keep theirs. Thought of Marco twice [when making out with B i kept thinking it was him and thoughts of him kept me out of the sack with the brit]. Ian, naturally, i thought of whenever i saw couples on vacation.

So thats the list. Like i said, im gonna post the travel journal. Matters as well. Im not gonna put any of the new shite in here thats going down. Leave that for another post.

ps As it kinda fits....RIP Indie Rock Pete. He couldnt bare living another day without me. I dont blame him. Me cheating on him and all by visiting other fishies in the Reef. Dont tell Revo that i cheated on him too-- that bike on the beach that i was too drunk to ride in Pedro. And the bike of the kid i asked to ride at the Belize City gas station. Im a nut.

No comments: