Thursday, September 02, 2004

Hay--Zooose!

First, yesterday was kinda fun as my first stoned post. To any of my loyal readers [ do i have readers? are ya there? stop lurking and leave me comments!] i never did throw/ mail the rotten food to the ex. It is still in the same spot in my fridge as it was yesterday...and it will likely remain there for the next few weeks...until i get back from Belize and think "why the hell didnt i throw this out before?"

Anyhoo, I keep seeing the commercials to buy that Jesus movie and wonder why would anyone buy that movie? Look its jesus. And hes dying. And bleeding. And writhing in pain. I feel spiritually enlightened. Not that i actually saw the movie. Or wanted to see it.

The funny thing is, if anyone should see it.. it should be me. Im kinda obsessed with hyper-religious crap. I recently purchased a virgin mary [should that be capitalized?] candle to set off my jesus on my TV and my 3-D last supper picture. I heard that there are hook rugs that you can buy of the Virgin Mary at the farmers market and i plan on getting one soon. And i need to replace the Praying Hands [TM] that i lost in the divorce with Ian.

Maybe my problem with the Jesus movie is that so many dumb people who listen to Britney Spears and Usher, read People magazine, and watch "The OC" will watch it and think "wow...that bible is cool", without getting the gist of it all. And the gist is that there is a lot of bleeding, pain writhing, dying going on and NOT that everybody watched it, it was a "blockbuster",Mel Gibson directed it and now you can buy it at WalMart for $29.

Ok. Now im ranting....closing argument here: Jesus = okay; People watching Jesus movie because its popular = not okay. I think i better go resurrect that food in my fridge and send it to the holy land of the dumpster.

No comments: