Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Lava- o - Rama

Always an optimist [ha!] when it comes to love [double ha!] I have had many unsavory experiences with internet dating.

Why internet dating? Erm, I guess its a mix between a) I drink too heavily in social settings so no one would actually talk to me/pick me up there and b) Im a geek.

So ive been doing the lavalife for about 6 months off and on [depending on my status] and havent been overly excited. And yes i meet the guys.

Back in Saskatoon i "dated" a guy named Jay for a few months that i met on a website. Sigh. He was the first short guy...I think he sorta set the precedent. When i met him the first time, I looked at him thru the peep hole of my apartment and thought Shit! He looks NOTHING like his picture! [As in, he looked taller than 5 ft tall in his pic]. But...after the PS2 playing [he started that] and the building of BedLand! [started my love of forts] and all the slurpees [ditto] I really started to like him. Which was weird. Cuz for all the fun he had, I never met his friends, heard his last name, or even had his home phone number. Yeah, I figured he had a girlfriend. Shit. I should post all about Jay some time... we had lots of fun and a lot of stories arose out of him.

I digress. So, attempt one...and he had a girlfriend. Boo. Attempt 2 was last May. Almost immediately i met Graham. He looked cute, seemed to have a lot of fun, and his profile said he was 5ft 10. Yet...it also said that he lived 2 hrs away. Well, we met when he came to town and, yeah, I really dug him. Too cute. And he brought me a present-- we had an email convo about "Noodle Time" Noodles and that they had the website for the noodles, including the place where the wash their hands, on the website-- so he brought me some noodles. The out of town thing maybe wouldnt had been so bad except that i started with Keith and Marco around the same time. I still wanna email him... but wont.

So i guess its been pretty bittersweet when it comes the internet dating-- but its the same as everything else ive tried. So tonight after an "I" magazine meeting [ and lotsa beer] I started MSNing with some Lava boys. One, "brent", ended up talking about his penis and being horny...the other asked me for a date [ i accepted] and then showed his picture to me [and now i gotts to get out of it ]. Yug.

Now, Im rethinking this internet thing. I can deal with short and living far away...but juvenile and butt-ugly? Those are hard to overlook.

dammit, where have all the cowboys gone? [ haha. thats something i say and then pretend to break into tears after a geeky guy tries to put the move on me or my friends.]

1 comment:

JuicyA said...

haha.

see November 24... as in, met an awesome guy on the lava and cant believe how happy i am.