Saturday, September 04, 2004

Olympic demonstration sport --CD player throwing

Fuck im hungover. The worst kind, too: red wine and champagne [why is it that when ever i write champagne i hear Zap Brannigan from Futurama saying "cham-pag-en"]

Yesterday was M's barcall...and damned was it funny. Her parents are so much like she is, drunk and crazy. It was a good time to see all the gang and everyone was so supportive, they all are genuinely interested if ive passed/found a job/am surviving single life again. Sometimes i like remembering why ive decided to stay in Calgary, and yesterday did it.

A totally funny/weird thing happened yesterday: I ran into a guy who i had a "moment" with when i was with Dumbass. Mark had this BBQ for Dalhousie students last summer and naturally i went too. I ended up sitting on the couch talking to this guy who was summering at Blakes for quite a long time. Yeah, he was totally flirting and i "might" had been too. So he had all but asked me out when Mark started telling the story of how we got a cheap room at the Banff Springs...and he jumped back about 2 feet and said. "Oh, you two are together."...
So, im at the reception at Blakes and there is the really cute guy there...and then he comes to her party and is smiling at me... so we start talking. He mentions he went to Dal...I ask if he knew Mark...and bang! It hits us both that we met previously and we start laughing. So no, i never got his number before he left, but i did decide to get it, i just never got a chance to do it. I guess he'll be easy to find.

Came home alone last night and i was really quite sad. I hate being alone and made me want to call marco, but i didnt. Instead i did something stupid. Im not sure what my real reasoning was...maybe cuz the building next door already has a DVD player and Nintendo on the roof, but i decided to add the CD player that was on the free table to it. It was all very stealth. I hid on my balcony for about 20 minutes waiting for everyone to leave...then i crouched down...prepared my positioning...and then hurled it. [Im sure i would get extra points for artistic impression] I saw it sail through the air, but then quickly crouched back down to hide and never saw it land.

Woke up this, erm, afternoon, and i cant see it anywhere. Its gone. Not on the roof, the ground, on any cars....weird. But really funny. If i ever get my hung over ass off the couch i may go explore. Im sure its a world record...or at least a personal best.

No comments: