Monday, February 07, 2005

The Return of the [Somewhat Reluctant] Bridesmaid

Saturday saw the end of an era: the Mercury is now officially closed. I've had a lot of fun there over the years: I had my first ever martini there [a delilah] in 1996, some of my fave Marco memories are from when he DJ'd there and we went there after almost every FMC party.

Of course, I couldnt exactly go alone, so i recruited some of the bridesmaids to join me in the fond farewell...and in true [back on the wagon] bridesmaid style, we all picked up. I seem to have been re-instated with full bridesmaid honors-- I just dont know if i am ready to accept the duties.

Man, was I wasted. I drank 6 beers and about 10 shots before we even left to go there. I almost started a fight there within the first 15 minutes. Three girls who were prolly 5 ft tall [at the most] walked through my friends and i said "oh look, tiny people". Now i didnt mean it in a mean way, but the 3 interpreted it as an insult. [in retrospect, it wasnt the nicest thing to say...] One chick said "that was fucking rude". Again, due to my intoxication, I just laughed. So she pinched me. Yeah, thats right. Pinched me. Like it was recess and the bell just rang. So for the rest of the night i was making a big deal about being terrified of all tiny people...especially those who pinch.

As for the random, he was young: only 22. And i can tell you i prolly wasnt ready for it. I thought about a certain someone else the whole time. Yesterday, I couldnt sleep in my bed because i felt too guilty. I kept looking at Edgar Moose-ilini [the moose whom we share joint custody] last night and almost crying.

Anyways, Im gonna miss you, Mercury. It was always a good time.

No comments: