Thursday, August 04, 2005

Airing some of my dirty dishes

I just came to the realization that i had 11 coffee mugs in my office. My response? Maybe if they didnt work me so hard i wouldnt have to drink so much damned coffee...maybe i'd be able to go home and get a decent night sleep and wouldnt need coffee to function... maybe id have time to take the dirty cups down to the kitchen... maybe i'd, oh crap, forget it. Im just a slob about certain things, and dishes is one of them.

Speaking about jobs...had that interview yesterday and it went okay. They really already offered me the job...but im a little skerred. Its a smaller office (only 2 dudes there) and I'd basically have to self market, which i am noooo good at. Also, there is more of a "eat what you kill" method of pay-- i would get a percentage of my billings along with a base salary-- which could be either good or bad, im not sure which, really. They would let me do basically whatever type of law i want and they would pay for me to take seminars and such.... but seriously. its a tiny office. and mine would have no window. and its located in a less than pleasing location. However, they said i could be brought into the partnership within 3 years (boo-yah!!!!)

In case you noticed, Im not sure yet about accepting it.

In other juicy related news, Jer's little hockey team is playing for the championship of the Calgary Summer Hockey League. I have been attending the games lately (along with 2 other fans...both also girlfriends of players) and wooting at appropriate moments. Its really fun and we go for beer and deep fried food ( which i lovingly call the "sodium platter") after each game. Seriously, though, that salty food is noooo good. One night it made my feet swell. Last night Jer couldnt sleep and we blamed it on the fact that his body was lacking any type of moisture from said platter. Anyhoo, Go Aces Go! ( just dont ask why they wear piss yellow jerseys... its apparently a sore spot).

Thats all for the moment. As a request to dear Skindee, i will recant the tale of how i got fake teeth soon. Any other requests? (although not too nasty because i charge a premium of 5.99 for the first minute and 3.99 for each after for that stuff). If you dont mind me, im going to go get a cup of coffee to first enjoy and then add to my collection.

5 comments:

CBK said...

Congrats to Jer! What position does he play? And eating salty foods just after sweating so much while playing is probably dangerous. Hook him up to a Powerade IV drip!

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, my Ger wore a yellow jersey and yellow helmet when he played old timer hockey..What could it possibly mean??
In regards to the possible career change.. take the bull by the horns and them boys by the balls and show them what a real kick ass female lawyerin type of gal can do!!

Lemon I

Cindy said...

I just washed three cups and six or seven forks/spoons (I brought silverware cuz they're always out of plasticware here) and a bowl. I have a mini cubicle kitchen, if only I had my camera with. Curses!

JuicyA said...

Jer plays right wing ( i think)...Im not really that sure, but i can always find him on the ice cuz hes about twice the size of the other players. The yellow is cuz hes a big Cam Neely fan (hes also #8) and the yellow is as close to the Bruins as he could be.

As for the cup situation, I have recently learned how to use to latte machine here, so now my office also is filled with giant latte mugs. Cup/mug total is currently at 15.

CBK said...

Jer sounds like a wonderful human being!