Monday, September 25, 2006

There's A Good Reason Some Talent Remains Undiscovered *

Shit, man, I feel like ive been missing in action for the last 2 weeks. I cant believe its almost the end of September. Weird, especially after it felt like August took forever.

So first-- the wedding. The pics are on Flikr, but I mean thats only if you like pictures of people you dont know dressed up fancy and drunk cuz honestly, thats all a wedding really is. This particular wedding was actually 3 days of dressed up intoxication-- a stagette/stag, kareoke party BBQ, then the actual wedding. Our group of friends managed to clear the bar of tequila, baileys, and sake by the first night it was open.

Now for my take on the good people of Winnipeg beach: ever see the movie 'Waiting for Guffman'? Yeah. It was like that. They kept line dancing [ and im pretty sure they made the line dances up themselves too] to every song. Some of the cousins sang a rendition of 'Wind Beneath my Wings' [ with dance steps and acoustic guitar accompanyment]during the wedding ceremony and a majority of the guests were between the ages of 45 to 80. But dont get me wrong, it was a good time.

Yes, I sang kareoke...but i know that i rocked it because the table of Japanese guests [ the bride is japanese] were standing and cheering while i was singing. And some old ladies started an unofficial fan club or something. Maybe it was because 'Take a Chance on Me' by ABBA is universally appealing...maybe its because of my stage presence.

Last work week was pretty short-- Tuesday to Friday-- and on Friday I had to go to Edmonton for discoveries. Going to Edmonton is always a little weird. I miss that place so much, yet i say i could never move back....but then i go there and it still feels like home. ( And the fact that my Oilers won on Thurs against the Flames probably helped. ) Its also good to see my nephews.

Jer didnt come with me because of work...and I missed that guy. We went for a dinner and a movie date last night. I wanted to see Jackass 2...he wanted to see All the Kings Men...which kinda surprised me cuz hes not too big on political dramas. As we were leaving the theatre, he says to me:

I thought this was the movie with Robert DeNeiro in it.

What?

And Di Caprio.

No-- thats The "something". It comes out next week.

Why didnt you tell me that before we saw it?

So, no, he didnt want to see a movie about political corruption in the 1950s-- he just thought it was the shot em up mobster movie with Deneiro. Fair enough.

I have my second acting class tomorrow. Did I tell you that i was taking one? Well I am. Maybe Ill be discovered.


(* thats the tagline for Waiting for Guffman...it seems to work for this post)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

One time a boyfriend and I sat through a rented movie, American Psycho, both secretly hating it, thinking the other one was into it. Man, I wish I could have those 2 hours of my life back.

CBK said...

Was he talking about "The Departed", with DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Jack Nicholson? Directed by Martin Scorcese? That one looks good.

How was "All the King's Men"?

Itchy said...

OMG CINDERS!!! I LOVE American Psycho. LOVE IT! Sorry...but I do. I'd read the book first, that may have helped me. But I just love it.

And I'd already peeked at your Flickr photos. 'Cause I'm nosey. Looked like a rockin' party!

JuicyA said...

All the Kings Men was um okay. Sean Penn is friggin amazing as an actor and Jude law was okay...it was just super long and got into some boring storyline in the middle that i really didnt care about

I also LOVE American Psycho. I plan to buy Jer the Patrick action figure for Hannukah.

Cindy said...

It bugged me, I don't know why, and I usually like slasher movies. I did laugh when he was running naked with a chainsaw down the hallway chasing that one hooker chick.

I liked the second one with the chick from That 70s Show. Musta been the humor.