Friday, September 23, 2005

Added to my list of enemies...

Ok I have a new absolutely unfavourite thing in the world...more than gum and rollerblades, even (and thats A LOT).

I FUCKING HATE CELL PHONES!!!

All right. Yes, I do have a cell. Its small and red and has a ring tone that makes it sound like an old phone. Its very cute. However these are things i do not do:

1. Have my phone on in restaurants...and take calls LOUDLY when it rings. Fuck. This goes doubly when its a fairly nice restaurant. Im there for ambience...not to hear you to talk loudly to your fucking golf buddies.

2. Talk on my phone while im driving...and otherwise becoming oblivious to all other things going on while i talk. Which includes the large metal and glass projectiles around me (aka other cars) who dont want to be cut off/ swerved in front of/ tailgated behind because you are so busy concentrating on the fucking thing attached to your ear.

3. Have it in movie theatres. I believe about 97% of the population have figured this out... the other 3% of you? what the FUCK is your problem?! Where were you when manners were fucking handed out?

4. Stop mid conversation with real live people to answer the phone... I dont like it when I lose the face off to people who arent even there. I have, in the past, called people on their cells on the other line when they have done this to me and continued our conversation. Oh which brings me to when i am talking to someone on the phone and they put me on hold....and then dont come back for 5 minutes plus. Hey! If the new call is sooo fucking important than come back to me and tell me you are taking the other call and you will call me back. Otherwise, I fucking was talking to you first so tell the other cunt to fuggoff! [Wait, I was ranting about cells, not voicemail... thats another topic all together. Another rant for another day]

5. And the reason why this is all being puked up here on the old 13 x 13 today: when people go to appointments that they book (with namely, me their lawyer) and then they TAKE THE FUCKING CELL PHONE CALLS WHEN IT RINGS! Okay. You are wasting my time. And yes, as sad as it is...my time DOES cost money. If you dont want to show for an appointment, dont show. And if you do want to show, then I expect you would give me the courtesy of actually paying attention and using my time wisely. ( and no, I dont turn off the clock when you talk to your friend on the phone. )

This woman today actually took 3 calls while she was here... and she was the one who made a big deal about how important it was that she get in to see me to today and I actually had to rearrange my schedule for her. Grr!


Anyhoo: there you are. I hate celluar telephones and the inconsiderate bastards who use them. I didnt even get into how much i hate most people's ring tones either...

No comments: