Monday, February 13, 2006

Heat wave

Its going to be 11 degrees today. Seriously. [thats like 51.8]

How am I supposed to be into the Winter Olympics when its warmer outside than it was this summer. [it was really rainy and cold this summer. Check the archives] Oh yeah, and Ive decided to really make an effort to follow the Winter Olympics rather than just tune in when hockey is on. And Im going to care about more than just the events we normally win medals in. There are tons of events that we suck at...which are just as important as hockey. [okay, Im lying]

I actually dreamed of hockey last night [its official, I hang out with Jer too much]... the Oilers were playing the New Jersey Devils for the Stanley Cup. Im not saying Im psychic or anything, but it seemed really real and I am currently looking for a bookie for that bet. You can too, but make sure I get my cut of the winnings or Ill send motherfucking Guido to break your legs. Im not sure if in my dream the Oilers were winning or not, but thats ok. I was still pretty excited that they made it that far.

V-day is tomorrow. This is the first time in 6 years when i have someone to spend it with. It never has been a very important holiday on my lexicon, somewhere between Groundhogs day and Good Friday...its not a day off from work or anything, but at least there are gifts involved. Speaking of gifts I have a plan on what Im buying Jer [so if he is reading this: this would be where you clue in that its a good idea to buy me something] but havent gotten it yet. Truthfully, I normally dont care about Valentines day. I think just because i have someone to spend it with, im going all out.

Im in a weird mood today. Must be the weather.

Medal count:

Gold: 1
Silver: 0
Bronze: 1
Personal Best: 476

6 comments:

Bsoholic said...

We must of aquired your cold weather down here! It's pretty cold, and we got snow (which is rare).

Cindy said...

Our mini snowstorm was an Alberta Clipper, which turned into a Nor'easter. Come on Alberta, quit sending snow! We want warminess!

Itchy said...

I have found that since they slit up the Olympics and they have some sort of Olympics going every 2 years that I don't care about them at all. I'm weird that way...

Anonymous said...

I find that if I'm Jer, I'm sweating huge bullets now because your clue as to what to get you for V day is gold and bronze and costs $475, and Guido's waiting if things don't go well. Any better hintsw, PLEASE? An annonymous reader

JuicyA said...

Jer should know im not material and dont really need presents-- for example, at Christmas i was happy just getting permission to get a greyhound.

so permission to get another greyhound would be fine.

Glibbidy said...

Bet the devils take the cup