Monday, February 06, 2006

.Football, chicken, and people who hate technology, but have websites

On reflection [and despite the long title of this post], I pretty much did shit all this weekend. The only things that are sticking out in my memory are food and football.

Friday night went to Jer's Mom and step-dad's place. We ate. Jer watched the Flames game. I stared at the walls.

Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market. I ate cabbage rolls and perogies. We bought a chicken from some Hutterites. It was one friggin big chicken. I wonder what the Hutterites are doing to their chickens to make them so dang big. Then again, maybe I dont want to think about that. They're a kinda weird bunch. Wearing their black clothes, suspenders and head coverings. They all have this strange deliverance-esque look in their eyes. Oh and the dude who sold us the chicken made some odd comment about how it was cheaper than a pack of Players Light...or marijuana.

(Incase you are wondering what a hutterite is, they are kinda the Canadian version of the Amish. No electricity/technology/westernization...however, as I am quite amused to note, they have a website here. They come into town to sell eggs, chickens, honey and Quillos...and to shoplift. I dont know why, but they are notorious for shoplifting. For some reason, every female one seems to be named Hannah or Darlene. [Im not even kidding])

Sunday, naturally, I watched the football. Mostly I just ran around singing the Monday night football song [duh duh duh daaaaaa!] and making soup from the aforementioned chicken. I really wasnt cheering for either team...being that I liked them both. I guess i like the Steelers more cuz of that Polamalu dude and his mane of luxurious hair. [and I once slept with someone who played for the Steelers. True Story. He was their punter]

So that was my weekend.

Im still weirded out that the Hutterites have a website.

6 comments:

Bliss said...

Ok...

Well...

Let's hear the story about the punter! :)

JuicyA said...

ummm... that would break the sex story confidentiality agreement i signed when i started dating Jer...but Ill say his name was Burke, he only played one game in the NFL and now hes the punter for the CFL's Calgary Stampeders.

CBK said...

You're such a teast, holding out on us like that. You could have at least given us his address! ;-)

Cindy said...

It was probably either really big or really little... (steroids and all)

you go, girl :P

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that "drop it on the table, and listen to it thud" Burke? Didn't realize he played with CFL now..

JuicyA said...

i was going to say a lady never kisses and tells...but it appears my sister has shown that i aint no lady....