Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Gopher guts



Last night, we had candy, we had a punkin...and we had NO kids come trick or treating to our house yesterday. I am a halloween failure.

In other news, this is the biggest news story in Calgary right now. Seriously.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders mascot 'Gainer the Gopher' is not allowed to come to our stadium for the Western semi-final in the CFL.

Yup. Thats the hot story right now... and tons of people have a big exasperated and passionate opinion about the "issue". Im sure every blog in Calgary will will blabbing about this. As a Calgary blogger... I am going to say....

WHO. FUCKING. CARES.

And thats it.

(And yes I like the CFL. I may actually go to the game on Sunday. I just dont give a fuck about whether the 'Riders can or cannot bring their mascot. Seriously. There are people dying in the world.)


This is Gainer. Im not scared, are you?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Awww... He looks like the gopher from Caddyshack.

JuicyA said...

I know.. I think hes cute. The Calgary Sun newspaper had a headline this morning reading 'CaddyShack 3?!?!' [yes-- its that newsworthy that its front page material]

The Stamps have a dog named Ralph who looks like he was made in the late 1970s.

Anonymous said...

I'm mad. So I made a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k72Mc_P190

The Lily said...

The gopher from caddyshack is cute like a fox! Deceptively cute. He's definitely more realistic than any mascot i've seen.

Buzz said...

Holy Hell, that's weak man...

JuicyA said...

tgic-- i was waiting for that....