Monday, November 20, 2006

Vote for Robocop!

[ actual spam line. I didnt even know he was running for something]

So I did do other things than watch shitty movies and look for robots this weekend....

On Saturday was turkey day USA, where i purposely screwed up the recipe for the Pomagranate martinis [ doubled the booze, singled the juice] and got myself and bunch of the girls drunk. Then we watched the Oil win in a shootout [ which, I swear to gawd will eventually be the death of me...Im going to give myself some sort of brain tumour over how stressed out the old shootout makes me] Then we went home, got stoned and watched 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' which, yes, actually has robots in it.

Sunday Jer's hockey team were invited to play against another team in the Saddledome [ where the godless flames play]. This is the note i wrote to myself on my Blackberry during it:

Le hockey

So here I am watching the stars and the bruins play at the saddledome.... thats the peewee Calgary versions and not teh ones from Dallas and Boston, respectively.

Jer is coaching.and the kids are pretty jacked. I dunno, apparently they like the flames or something. Its the start of the 3rd and its tied at 6 all.

I dont know anyone's name. I just yell 'Go Buddy!' whenever we get the puck.

Getting to be behind the scenes in the 'Dome was pretty cool... of course you have to keep in mind my loyalties...



The sign said 'Authorized Flames personnel only'



Flames dressing room: Thats where they change their diapers



Look who's in net!

4 comments:

red-5 said...

Robocop is a shoe-in for the provincial conservative election.

"Robocop - He's really tough on crime."

Unknown said...

6-6 in the third? I cannot imagine the GAA of some of those goalies.

"Vote for Robocop --- Really tough on crime only if you stand directly in front of him and not make any side to side movements. It's hard for him to turn"

JuicyA said...

I think im writing in Robocop for the next election.

The final score was 11- 9. Yikes. Then again, the poor goalie is only like 4 ft 8.

CBK said...

But who won? Jer's team or the other one?