Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Job insecurity, possible relocation, and I really hate Jeremy's new bed.

The title says it all. I guess when you havent blogged in 5 days, a lot can happen. I hate the long, list like posts, but sometimes they are a necessary evil.

The work thing: Im only on a 3 month contract right now. Im getting a little edgy cuz its been 2.5 mths and no word as to my possible security. In fact I received an email [yah, thats right, an email] from the boss telling me to basically shape up or ship out. When he finally faced me about it, he basically let me know that there wasnt much room for me in the department i have been working in, but lots of room in the other department. So, starting at 800 this morning, i started ass kissing the partner in the litigation department. Im also looking elsewhere, but as the posts from August to April will let you know, I hate looking for jobs and am rather shitty at it.

The moving thing: while negotiating possible job changes, I have also been negotiating (is that the right word? how about trying to talk about but the topic keeps mysteriously changing?) moving into Jer's place. It means saying goodbye to my beloved apartment [sniff] and also to living at the notorious intersection of 13 and 13. Also, Im thinking id have to give up masturbating in front of the TV [then again, he may enjoy it....] However, its not certain. Hes never lived with anyone before and i think hes freaked. He's got until Friday before i tell him the deal's off the table. [ps its our 4-monthaversary today...yipppee!]

And how i despise Jer's new bed: Im very handy. I can build all sorts of shit like a motherfucker. However, its not so easy when the store gives you the wrong pieces. Instead of take them back and be rational [ahem, my idea] "we" decided to make them fit. The result? The platform bed which was supposed to easily slide together? Yah, I spent close to 2 hours hand screwing in L brackets to each slat on the bed. Im covered in blisters... looks like im a chronic masturbater [oh...wait... i am...]. Dont get me wrong, it looks nice and it will withstand a tornado, but i really really hate it.

Thats it for now. Actually, I could drone on another 20 pages about this weekend [went to Lethbridge, got "caught in a snowstorm", had my picture taken for the company website....] but i shall save your poor little eyes. Oh, and i have to figure out those meme thingys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to be the one who moves? Make your bf be the one who loses his favorite masturbation spots.

Besides if he is the one freaking out about it let him be the one who has to find a new place if it doesn't work out. No sense losing your fab apartment over a commitment-phobic significant other.

Kisses - Carrie

JuicyA said...

reason is: he owns a house, i rent an apartment.

and also, his place has lotsa room for me to find new and exciting places to jack off.

JuicyA said...

Updates:

-- job still in jeopardy
-- not moving anywhere [dont get me started on that....]
-- bed still angers me, but seems to be comfy.