Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Zut Alors!

I am currently [actually im on hold] on the phone with a lawfirm in Paris, France. Between my highschool French and his broken English, we are trying to draft an affidavit. Fack!

Does anyone know how to say: "Holy shit! I really dont understand the French Civil code! Please slow down!" ? I do know [and have been saying] "Quoi?! Repetez-sil vous plait!" a lot. [that means "what!? say that again please?"]

I also told him i had been to Paris and i know where the courthouse is located. He was less amused about this factoid than I was. Jerk. I though it was cool.

K hes back. au revoir, mes amis. [that means "later skaters"]

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Google translator!

It sucks, but it's probably better than my vaguely still there high school French. We spent more time coloring pictures than we did speaking french.

I had to translate a document into french for some snobby quebeccers who wouldn't answer my written request en anglais, so I used google. I'm pretty sure it sucked, but hey, at least they answered.