Friday, June 03, 2005

Juicy sorta reviews a movie: Its all gone Pete Tong

First of all, I really planned to put up some pictures today. Its been awhile since i let you into the visual and not just written world of juicy a. Especially cuz i made a pie the other day, and I like to put up pictures of things that i bake/cook that take skill. [said in Napoleon Dynamite's voice, naturally] I dunno why. I originally started baking all the fancy shmancy things to impress Jer...to show him im more than a hot assed shiksa with a killer wit and rockin moves in bed. So, yeah, I need to post the pic of the banana cream pie i made Tuesday. I also want to put up some pics of my office being that I spend so much time here and yet no one has actually seen it.

However, i digress... I saw a really sweet movie yesterday. And by sweet i mean Totally Fuckin Awesome. [<-- note capitalized, even.] Its called 'Its all Gone Pete Tong' and is a mockumentary about a fake DJ who goes deaf, goes crazy, and then triumphantly returns to the DJ world. The movie is in limited release, but had its big Calgary Premiere yesterday becuz the director and half the actors are from here. The best parts about it were that the setting is Ibiza, Spain, and if you are a reformed rave girl like myself, you know that that is techno's version of Valhalla. Also, gotta love a movie that understands drug paranoia: when ever the main character Frankie does cocaine [and he does tons] a giant badger in a tutu shows up and starts speaking to him in a funny voice. At one point, we see the badger shovelling coke on Frankie's face-- looks like a good way to spend a weekend to me. I cant say Ive ever seen a large badger when on blow, but ive been pretty close a few times....i usually just trip or have to walk around imaginary boxes on the floor that no one else seems to see except me.

Bottom line: go see the movie if/when it comes to your little theatre. And check your video store for Fubar, the other movie by the same director. I know a bunch of the guys who were in that film thru Jer.

Ok, its Friday... so that means i have 8 hours until le weekend where i can wear flip flops and put my metal tongue ring in. Woot. Better try to bill some hours. Gotta pay for that coke somehow. [hee hee] And my pie skills arent nearly enough.

No comments: