Friday, October 27, 2006

I think I just got growled at

Not even kidding.

People have been really crabby and irritable lately around here. I got yelled at by 3 different people yesterday on the phone. A man at Digit's class refused to talk to me when i asked him about his dog (the dog was super cute and friendly and was lunging at me wagging her little stump tail--shes a little Boston Terrier named Cricket-- maybe she was so happy because I was talking to her in a happy voice and not being an old scowly jerk.) This morning I had to stand in a line up for filing at Court and pretty much all everyone around me did was bitch, bitch, bitch. And then five minutes ago I was growled at.

Let me re-create the scene. (Remember? Im an Actooor now)

OFFICE OF JUICY. 1245 PM. OUTSIDE IS COLD AND DRIZZLY. JUICY IS READING HER PHONE MESSAGES BY THE FRONT COUNTER. A WOMAN, APPROX. AGE OF 45-55 WALKS IN TO THE OFFICE. JUICY LOOKS UP WHEN THE WOMAN ENTERS AND SMILES.

Juicy: Hi, there

Woman: Are you the lawyer around here?

J: Depends what you are looking for. What is it regarding?

W: I need this document filed. [[HOLDS UP PIECE OF LOOSELEAF PAPER]

JUICY, SENSING IT IS SOMETHING SHE DOESNT WANT TO HELP THIS PERSON WITH, TAKES IT FROM HER AND READS IT. ITS SAYS STATEMENT OF CLAIM ON THE TOP...AND THEN HAS 5 LINES WHERE A BUNCH OF AMOUNTS ARE WRITTEN DOWN AND TOTALLED.

J: Is this an injury claim? Cause if it is...

W:...No! Its not an injury claim! Its the money I want from my neighbour! Are you a lawyer? Because it needs to be filed! Now! today!

J: Oh OOOOOkay. We dont file documents here. Thats at the Courthouse.

W: I know that! I know what a courthouse is. I need you to tell me if its right and then file it.

J: Ok. You'll need to make an appointment, Let me see what is in [Partner #1] schedule...

W:GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOWL
(and yes. thats exactly how it sounded)

j; Im sorry?

W: Im not making an appointment. GRRRRRRROWL. This is pointless.

WOMAN RIPS PAGE OUT OF JUICY'S HAND AND LEAVES OFFICE. JUICY STANDS THERE DUMBFOUNDED AND WONDERS IF ITS 5PM YET AND SHE CAN GO HOME

Yeah.

In other news, I found something to wear for Halloween this year. Its fucking awesome. I was inspired by my new ringtone on my new cell phone. I also got a new cell phone. Its a blackberry and pure awesome unconcentrated.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

While I haven't been growled at yet today, I have often been the growler.

Twit said...

I growl. A lot. I also bark, chase cars down the street & sometimes I like to lick my balls while I'm lying on the carpet in front of the fire. Yes, you guessed it - I am a dog! Twit's dog in fact. He's out getting drunk again, so I thought I'd have some fun getting him in trouble by pretending to be him talking a load of shit in blogland (that's all he does anyway).
GGGGGGrrrreat idea -yes? (BTW, you're the ONLY person I've told so keep it quiet).
Woof!

The Lily said...

The only thing that surprises me more than the utter stupidity of people, is their ability to blame their stupidity on someone else.

~art said...

Can't say I've ever been growled at while trying to help someone; I'll have to put that on my 'to do list'.