Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Fables of Juicy #3: There is no such thing as too much coffee



From Left to Right: 1. Average sized coffee mug. 2. Juicy's extra extra extra large 'everythings-bigger-in-Texas'holy christ muthafucka large coffee mug.

I love coffee. More than anyone else you know. And it doesnt need to be fine grind, extra smooth Starbucks something or other, it just has to be brown, with caffeine, hot and in a cup. I have been drinking coffee since i was eight when my parents started letting me pour it on my mini-wheats (dont knock it til ya tried it-- i still have it everymorning for breakfast at work) and have been addicted to that evil little bean ever since.

I once was such a junkie (think of me in Trainspotting but instead of trying to make it up the stairs to get a hit of heroin, shaking as Mother Superior pours me a cup of joe) that my friends and ex boyfriend did an intervention of sorts. I needed to slow down on the coffee cuz they were worried. When i cut down, i immediately became angry and aggressive-- they actually asked me to go back to my 6 cups to day to tolerate me.

I have recently cut down to one cup a day...however, note the size of my cup.

I decided to post this because right now (yes-- at 8:44 pm) I just made a pot of coffee here at work. Yeah, Ive been drafting a brief and its totally taken over my life. Need caffeine to make the brain keep working. Im also eating sushi... but thats another fable for another time...

3 comments:

CBK said...

Coffee on mini-wheats? Wow, you so crazy!

Is your desk drawer full of Coffee Crisps?

red-5 said...

6 cups a day?? Lightweight.

The Lily said...

I would be d-e-d. But I do love coffee, I brought my french press to work for the very purpose of enabling my coffee habit.