Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Photodocumentary: My fridge

Once upon a time, back in high school, I used to put stuff that i thought was funny/weird/ridiculous up in my locker.

In University, I had a bulletin board above my desk.

Now-- I have the fridge. Its tacky. Its absurd. And if there would be an earthquake in Calgary tomorrow...and all that they could uncover in future archealogical digs was my fridge, they'd think we were a really fucked culture.



Lets zoom in on some of the best parts:

1. My "ode to blogland"



Thats the postcard that Cinders sent me-- its of a Texas Ranger. Just like Chuck. Awesome. Right above it is the sticker JJ sent me. Soooo many people have questioned me on it, by the way. Those are magnets of my nephews [James giving devil fingers and Sean wearing a bucket on his head] on either side.

2. A picture of me when I was 5 years old-- complete with pigtails, footsie pjs, and holding my teddy, spaghetti bear.



Awwwwww.
He was called Spaghetti bear cuz hes the colour of spaghetti. Duh.

3. Things that are funny when you are stoned



-"Marijuana tips" from the Grasshopper Coffee Shop in Amsterdam-- my fave is the one that says "Dont smoke marijuana with tobacco in it-- tobacco is bad for you" while the rest go on about how not to freak out while on weed.

-Chewbacca

-Dinosaur postcard Jer shoplifted from the Dinosaur museum when we were baked.

-Green crocodile head [wtf!?!]

4. Awesome magnets:



- Jesus



- Sally Dick and Jane [ it reads "Look look, says Sally, Look where I am pierced"]



-Vegas magnet [ from Cinders, again], Place I camped at in Rome Italy [ and got into a lot of sexual mischief], and Barbie's Shop [ where I used to try on S and M clothes]. There is also a card from flowers Jer bought me [awww]



-Mini Amsterdam [sex shop-coffee shop-tattoo shop]

So thats my fridge. Next week: The Oven. [ no not really...its pretty boring actually]

7 comments:

Itchy said...

I had to give up my bulletin board type display when I got married. But only at home! I still got the bulletin at work...I just can't have the really cool stuff I'd like to have on it. Darnit...having to act like a mature adult in regards to my own fridge is suddenly making me sad...

mojotek said...

I want the Jesus magnet! That thing is awesome!

Cindy said...

My presence on your fridge is unprecedented... I was wondering if you got the postcard with the billion stamps. (The post office lady and I were doing all sorts of math so I didn't have to overpay.)

My apartment fridge used to look like that... it was great for entertaining. Now I just put saracastic comics up in my cubicle, but like Itchy said, can't go too nuts.

And I'd like to give that Jesus magnet to my uncle John.

CBK said...

And Horcoff scores in Double OT!!!!

Way to go, Oilers! :-)

Unknown said...

Triple OT! WHOOO!

Your Fridge rocks...but bring back the bulletin board. It's the best part of a roomie pad

CBK said...

Oops, my bad. 3OT. It was pretty darn late.

Anonymous said...

My presence on your fridge next to cinders is unprecedented.

(I may be the only person who thinks this comment is funny. I'm okay with that.)