Saturday, April 22, 2006

Hey now... you're an all star

My first thought this morning as i awoke: I feel like going drinking.

However it is only coffee that is currently sitting in my Oilers coffee mug...which ironically tastes a little bitter this morning. Maybe the cup knows that they lost in double overtime, while I was sitting in another arena and cheering for another team [note: "cheering" in the good-for-you-but-i-dont-want-you-winning-the-cup way]. Im not going to lie, it really fucking sucked to be walking amongst the revellers in red on the infamous 'red mile' when my team lost.

I know i know, yer all tired of listening to the hockey talk...but this stuff runs kinda deep for me. Some of my fave child hood memories involve me eating Kentucky Fried Chicken and watching the Oilers on Hockey Night in Canada. I thought i was going to marry Wayne Gretzky when I grew up. [there would be no gambling problems with me!] I remember how exciting the playoffs were and how the first thing I'd ask my Dad when I woke up was "Did we win last night?" when they were playing away games that ended too late. Sigh.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the Oil making the playoffs, and my drinking. After Detroit scored their first goal, I went an got a drink. Hmmm. Interesting.

That title song is stuck in my head. I blame the Surreal Life.

4 comments:

CBK said...

That's a tough way to lose, but there were bright spots about how the Oilers played, I understand, so that the task of knocking off the Evil Red Wings is achievable.

Unknown said...

WHOOO OILERS! Oh yeah, email me your address if you want, and I will send you an Oilers car flaggie thingy to hang on your tremendous balls that you have for supporting the Oilers in Cowtown (metaphorical balls of course)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

All that glitters is gooooold...