Monday, April 10, 2006

I have anger issues

Its not my fault. Its the video goal judges'.

I wont get into it too much because it makes me really really angry and then I start throwing stuff and spewing cusswords and venom and shit...but if you are an Oilers fan, or even watch hockey, you likely know what Im pissing and moaning about[ps. thats one of my fave lines to quote out of Stand By Me. "Verrrrn, Quit your pissing and moaning!" Next only to "Chowdown, Lard Ass!"...anyways gettting off topic].

On Thursday, a dissallowed goal. Then an apology later that same game that 'oops, we were wrong. It was a goal.'...but not actually re-instating the goal. The Oil lost in overtime. [and btw if they miss out on the playoffs by one friggin point...grrr....HELL...TO...PAY]

On Friday, a dissallowed goal...and....yeah, you guessed it. At least they were able to score again and win that game.

So basically. I fucking hate the video goal judge. Is no one else concerned that the Oilers were playing away games both times and the judge is convieniently located at the opposing team's coliseum and lives in the opposing team's city? How about that the final call is made by someone in Toronto--who likely is forlorn that the Leafs likely wont make into the playoffs... and maybe doesnt want to be the only Canadian team with that dishonour? Something to think about.

But seriously, they say they cant make a conclusive reading on where the puck was... and I think. Ohhh? Where could it be? Its not on the ice? Its not in the air? Where oh where could it be? Maybe in the giant glove of the goalie? Which is CLEARLY over the goal line? Wait. If we are guessing that...then its not "conclusive". I wish lawyers could use that reasoning: Obviously my client didnt shoot him....where's the bullet? We cant see it. The shooting is not conclusive.

Whew. Im getting riled up now. I should stop before I put my fist thru the computer screen. Anyhoo...Go Oilers go.

I did my acting on Saturday. I was a cartoon character. Ill post pictures if anyone took any. It didnt make the local news, as promised, so I will have to wait for another day before Im discovered.

3 comments:

The Lily said...

Makes me kind of glad that I don't do hockey. College football is more than enough to cause a seasonal aneurysm for me.

Sorry about the call, juice.

Pusher Robot said...

That actually happened in an olympic hockey game ... it was a great save ... sorta ... super long stretch right to left to get a glove on it ... glove is behind the line.
no goal...
whaaaa???
cuz we can't tell where the puck is ... it's in the mitt! it doesn't take an IQ above 20 to figure out it must be across the line if the glove is.
oh well ... i guess at least they are consistant :)

serfx said...

that is what you get for chearing for the oil... but then again i got to watch my panthers lose 4 - 0 to the pens the other night.. it may have ended up worse, i left the pub after the 4th goal..

and don't ask why i cheer for a team in florida... i am aware it makes no sence at all