Friday, April 07, 2006

I am an Actor. I act.

Well, I will be this Saturday at this big media/community/ event called "Law Day" at the Calgary Courthouse.

Every year they open the courthouse so people can go thru it and gawk at everything, see the holding cells, libraries etc. [which, people, really arent that exciting] and be like 'Whoa dems lawyers is faaaan-cy!' And to amuse children while their parents are reminising about that time they had to appear because of a parking ticket/DUI/wife beating charge, they stage this "children's trial". Yours truly will be portraying "Ms. Right" a holier than thou attorney for the Plaintiff in a lip syncing/ American Idol rip off contest.

Anyhoo. I just read the script. Its not too bad, except its in rhyming couplets. So no matter how hard i try...I will sound and feel like a dork. So Ive decided to 'dork it up' to the best of my ability. I will over act so bad it will make Andie McDowell look Oscar worthy! I am Iron Nerd! [Ive had Iron Man by Black Sabbath in my head for like 3 days now, btw.]

Hey Kids, the Easter Bunny comes in like a week! [unless you are Jewish...then you have to do with Dancing Matzo bread instead. Do you think the person who wrote that cartoon knew that they were gay icons? I doubt it. I may go visit my sister in E-town next weekend...but only if my parents are out of town. I know that sounds awful but, yeah.

The track is open this weekend! Holy Fuck! I just realised that! Which means I better start researching for who will win the Kentucky Derby this year. [ last 2 years I have come away with some nice cash from Smarty Jones and Afleet Alex]. I also have to start planning the "last birthday party ever" [its #29] which I hope to have at the track.

Im in a very Springtime mood now. Maybe I should go buy a flowery dress or spring bonnet or pastel shoes or something. Haha. Yeah, like that will happen.

This post was extremely random.

Has she lost her mind?
Can she see or is she blind?
Can she walk at all
Or if she moves will she fall?
Is she alive or dead?
Has she thoughts within her head?
We'll just pass her there
Why should we even care?

[those are lyrics from Iron Man, in case you were wondering)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

The mention of Black Sabbath has put "War Pigs" in my head.

Thanks.

The Lily said...

I have "Seven Nation Army" playing right now.

I don't think I am getting an Easter basket for the first time ever. I'm 30 and this thought is very upsetting to me.

My easter bunny used to take a bite out of the carrots we left out for him. *sigh*

CBK said...

I thought it was from your law script. :-)