Monday, June 05, 2006

Gravylicious

I ate a lot of gravy this weekend. I just cant help it. Its too tasty. I sometimes refer to it as 'congealed animal juice' to freak out vegetarian friends. I would install a gravy dispenser in my house, if it was feasible, so that I could have it all the time.

So I think I need a career change. Yeah, already. I miss doing creative things with my brain. Ive only been doing this law thing for a few years and Im already approaching the 'bored' realm. I also dont like sticking my neck out for people and arguing for things that I honestly believe is a waste of time. I have no idea what I would do though, although I think Id like to go to journalism school. I dunno. Maybe Im just PMS-ing.

On a somewhat related note, a guy that Ive been buddies with for over a year recently found out that I was a lawyer. Now he says he wants nothing to do with me, cant believe that our mutual friend emails me, and is afraid that Im going to turn him in. Seriously dude. Im a fricking family lawyer. Do you really think I care that you graffiti? Have you never noticed that I do as many drugs as you do? Fuck. Just pisses me off is all.

Oilers and 'Canes: game one tonight. Im actually kinda nervous about it...although whenever I see footage of my boys on TV, I cant help but know that they are going to win. [touches wood]

Im still thinking about gravy while I write all this down. I have a serious addiction. Im going to start mixing up Oxo and cornstarch in the supply closet.

6 comments:

CBK said...

While "just looking for paper clips"? ;-)

I've been supporting the Oilers the whole playoffs, but then I was reminded of a reason to root for the Canes: Glen Wesley. Tough call, there.

Cindy said...

I made gravy this weekend and my mom was pouring out the leftover stuff and I yelled WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT YOU'RE WASTING GRAVY YOU COULD HAVE PUT THAT ON THE MASHED POTATOES!!!

Some people.




(Is blogger being a shit or is it me?)

The Lily said...

cinders: it's not just you.

J: I make a pretty tasty gravy but I don't eat gravy. Which is odd, but it's good for my already high cholesterol.

Unknown said...

Gravy is god's food. When God has chicken he always has gravy

Cindy said...

p.s.

I'm thinking of opening a brothel, so if you get sick enough of your job, I could always use a few good ho's.

Anonymous said...

So would you do the same thing with gravy, that some would do with whip cream? :P