Monday, June 19, 2006

Its all down to game 7...

How am I supposed to work today?

All I keep thinking is oilersoilersoilersoilersoilers

Ten hours until the game starts. The big game. Someone will be getting the 'Cup tonite...and I think its going to be us. The perfect end to a fairytale that we've been living: narrowly making the playoffs...beating the President's Cup winner...beating the team with the best scorers in the league...being down 3-1... in the final... We'll I shouldnt jinx it, so Ill stop there. But I think, either way, every Oiler fan is pretty damned proud of them right now and regardless of how the game ends, will continue to be proud of them tonight.

Im tearing up. I better stop this.

The weekend ended up being pretty crazy-- I partied with Jer's hockey team on Friday and immediately felt like I was back in highschool. Drinking cheap drinks and crappy shooters and watching a bunch of boys try to pick up girls and, failing such, then try to pick fights. Too funny. The night ended with us going home, super wasted and unable to get through to Domino's Pizza. So we barbecued. Drunken BBQs are really just an accident waiting to happen.



It also rained a lot. My car has never been cleaner. These children also took the opportunity to use the rain for something useful-- a shower. I watched them run around in their swimtrunks and umbrellas for quite some time. Yeah, they'll prolly catch colds now, but dang, they were having a blast.

Yeah, I cant think of anything else to blog about. Too distracted.

oilersoilersoilersoilersoilers

10 comments:

CBK said...

I wasn't able to watch the game on Saturday, but watching the updates online I couldn't believe how Edmonton was dominating! 3 shots in the first and second periods each for Carolina? Ouch!

Cindy said...

I was trying to figure out why the Milwaukee admirals seem to still be in the playoffs but there has been no mention of them vs the Oilers...

They're going for the Calder Cup apparently. Different leagues? I just don't get this hockey thing.

I don't get football either, and I'll still cheer for the Packers when they're in the playoffs so...

Go Oilers, go! Ra ra ra!

serfx said...

i have no idea why i even opened my doors for business today.

i knew at 9am what i know at 2pm
i won;t sell anything.

maybe if i was giving away free oilers jerseys with purchase of a mattress (at least $1699 value? ala the brick?) i would sell something, at least see someone..

yet i'm still recovering from 16 hours on a plane in 3 days.. so.. go oil! make me afraid to have a pint on the whyte tonight.

but i'll be there, oh i'll be there indeed.

Anonymous said...

fuck i used my wrong blogger account

serfx said...

twice!

what the fuck

hi

Cindy said...

You'd think people would need new mattresses with all that celebratory fucking going on.

JuicyA said...

Cinders: Shit that makes me laugh. There's actually a dude from Madison WI on the team [ Brad Winchester] so you have a reason to cheer, other than the oil just being right awesome

S: dude, you have too many aliases... just for that Im going to leave you messages with my dog's blogsite and maybe from my secret blog too...

Many E-town babies will be named 'Stanley' in 9mths time...

Bliss said...

Go Oilers!

Anonymous said...

so you're to blame for all the spam i've gotten on my blog today ;)

T-45 mins till the puck drops

Cindy said...

Brad Winchester! I think I did him in college!




(No, not really.)