Friday, June 02, 2006

Touch the Cup, motherfuckers! *

( * actual quote of yours truly while watching the Buffalo- Carolina game)

I woke up this morning with a Hilary Duff song in my head. Thats got to be a bad omen. Im actually surprised that I know a Hilary Duff song.

So last night, the 'Canes won. It made me think: Hmmm. Looks like the Oilers are going to kick ass on the Hurricanes now. I refuse to listen to people who tell me what a good team they are. Everyone said that about Detroit. Then San Jose [which I prenounce 'San Josey' btw]. Then Anaheim. So shudddup, already jerks. They didnt touch the Prince of Wales cup [although i was yelling at them to do it] but I hope that having a team picture around it is just as bad luck as touching it. Cuz the Oil will have their team pic around Stanley, bitches!

Last night we put flowers in pots around our yard. So instead of it looking like a prison courtyard, it looks like a gay prison courtyard. Like if the guys from 'Queer Eye' went on a coke binge, killed a man to watch him die, and then went to prison? Yeah. Like that. Prison fabulous!

I also watched the National Spelling Bee. Yes, I was obviously rooting for the girl from Edmonton. I was feeling pretty good about myself because I spelled 2 of the championship words correctly [ the greek ones i knew from my Classical Literature classes]. I also found it awesome that the Edmonton girl beat the girl from Carolina. [ Take that Hurricanes!] I dont know what is meant by a girl from Jersey beating the Edmontonian though. The hockey allusion doesnt go that far.

I officially dread going to work now. Im in Court in an hour and im still wearing a towel. Ug.

6 comments:

CBK said...

Why are Canadians allowed in OUR National Spelling Bee? Don't you Canucks have your own?

Anonymous said...

Why are Americans allowed to play OUR national sport?

JuicyA said...

kay-- why did they say i was anonymous? its myyyy friggin blog.

serfx said...

but OUR national sport is LACROSS ...
officialy anyways.

we also created basketball, but really i could care less about that.

is queer eye still on? i think i watched itonce, and then had a terrifying dream that someone showed up to give me style and make my place look like less of a cluttry musicians next.

Itchy said...

I tried to comment earlier by Blogger was apparently taking a dump and wouldn't let me. However I wanted you to know that this sentence:

"Like if the guys from 'Queer Eye' went on a coke binge, killed a man to watch him die, and then went to prison?"

is my new favorite sentence! If I gave awards for sentence of the week, this would be it.

CBK said...

Anonymous/Juicya: To answer your question... money. You guys can barely sustain the CHL junior leagues. Hockey would die off without us (admittedly under-appreciative) Yanks. ;-)