Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine...

[ i have that song in my head right now]

Today is one of those days where you just feel like making a tent out of blankets in your backyard, eating popsicles, and reading Archie comics. Oh Jughead! You sure love those hamburgers, dont you!

Im in weekend hangover mode-- not really from drinking either. But just from doing too much shit and not laying around enough.

Friday night Jer and I partied with his hockey team again...went to some scumbag bar...got drunk and obnoxious...ate the Chicken Fried Steak Combo at Denny's [ I totally recommend it, but make sure you ask for extra gravy]..and passed out. As my last post suggested, yeah, our cabbie was trying to tell us that Canada is horribly unpopulated and people like us should start having babies. I believe the words he used were 'build the foundation'. Weird. Last week a cabbie kicked us out for holding harnds.

I spent a majority of Saturday watching an Ultimate Fighting Championship marathon. Fuck I love that shit. Dude 1 is into Ninjitsu and Street fighting; Dude 2 is a classically trained wrestler who won a gold medal in the last olympics. 5 minutes later, Olympic guy is dislocating street fighter's shoulder. There is so much blood on them both that their hands are slipping and you cant read the shitty tattoos on his back. Now thats friggin entertainment!

Sunday we went to the manmade lake in Calgary, Sikome Beach. Dumbass here decided she was above sunscreen and now im friggin burned. So i tried to cover up my red face this morning, and now i look like a corpse covered in makeup by an undertaker.

I also watched a few David Spade movies. And not that i planned it that way either. We rented a bunch of movies last week that neither of us had seen and Dickie Roberts Child Star was one of them. It was just ok. Then yesterday we hit up the cheap theatre and watched The Benchwarmers, which was actually pretty good.

Seriously though, I really dont feel like working today. I need a day to just hang out. I feel like Im back in Elementary school and its the first week of summer vacation. I want to eat sugary cereal, watch the Price is Right, and run through the sprinkler.

3 comments:

Bliss said...

Cheers to that. And boos and hisses to instead being at work.

Cindy said...

You just made me want to make a blanket tent. I'll do it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... Scooby Doo pool, "Big T" fort, Barbies that go on vacation to adopt children because they don't have a Ken doll, and taunting the kids your mom babysat. Those are the good days of summer...