Friday, March 23, 2007

Cause I've lost all my self control

I heard this song this morning and again, my mind wandered back to the time when it really hit home... I woke up after a night of hard core drinking, my mouth tasting like shit, look in the mirror and my hair that i had just dyed jet black was all over the place and i had black makeup streaming down my face. I said to the dude i was with at the time, Nate, "Holy fuck! I look like a crackwhore!"...and then "Brand new low" by Treblecharger came on the clock radio. Brilliant. Another moment when its like you are in a movie and the song fits with the scene. (That scene, btw, would be the scene when i realise that i drink more than go to class and that if i actually want to pass my first year of law school i should prolly start reading and paying attention to what was going on in Contracts and Administrative Law and less on what was on special at Winston's Pub and whether Natie was in the mood....)

Oooh! I have a picture for this little trip down memory lane-- from Law Games 2000. ( my events were all drinking related)

Anyhoo, fucking work has been busy as hell and i havent had a chance to post or even comment that much. Im sorry. Call my boss and yell at him. Or my assistant-- shes been sick off and on this week and its hard for me to screw around when im trying to figure out how to type a letter.

My acting class ended on Tuesday night and we had our little performance. I had a blast...everyone's projects were really good. Mine was an abbreviated and non-verbal version of the Wizard of Oz. I think we rocked it...although i was pretty worried before we did it as it seemed the 3 of us all had totally different recollections of what happened to the Wiz. Anyhoo, it worked out. I didnt get any pictures, but i did draw an artists' rendering of what it prolly looked like.


(click to make biggy-- but y'all ready knew that)

Crap. I should get back to work. Its so bad, Im actually designating things for what i will take home this weekend. And its only 930. Fuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Law Girl said...

Yeah, if the first year of law school isn't like that...you didn't do it right.

Contracts? Admin? Who actually USES that anyway. And if we were really supposed to learn anything why do they give us law clerks now?

I'm just sayin.