Monday, March 05, 2007

Didsbury

Y'know what Ive realised? Since the 'new blogger' has been forced upon me, I dont like posting or putting comments on peoples blogs. Why? Because before I typed 'juicya' for my name and **** for my password... now i have to type in lola_fifty...blah blah blah as my email address and ********* as my password. My work load has gone up 150% to sign in. I hates it. So if I havent been commenting, its not because Im not sitting in Calgary at my work desk guffawing away at your posts...its cuz im lazy.

This weekend I went up to visit my sister and her chillun. It was pretty cool. I got to play some video games and legos. Actually, it was a lot like a normal weekend for me, just with kids and without drugs. On the way back home, I thought I would live dangerously and not fill up my gas tank before i left town. Oh wait did i say live dangerously? I meant live STUPIDLY. ( wait is that a word? likely not. aw, who cares. im not getting graded on this post)

Anyways, I almost ran out of gas on the way home. I was cruising along at 135 km/h and i looked at my gas gage just as BEEP! the gas light turned on. I was 30 km outside the nearest town...and i knew that there is approx 25 km of gas left after the beep. So, with a lot of prayer and cursing... I was able to make it into a small town 5 km off the highway to get gas at the oldest and cruddiest gas station i have ever seen in my life. So this post is dedicated to the people of Didsbury, Alberta.

Whats Didsbury you may ask? According to the website:

Whether this is your first time visiting or your fourteenth, coming to Didsbury always feels a little like coming home. With its many historical structures, as well as its more contemporary buildings, Didsbury is where old meets new in a wonderful mix of traditional values and community progress!

They have a walking tour to go thru their historical buildings and train museum! There is a a trade show annually in July!
As their Town mascot, Didsbee, would say "We're a honey of a town!"

So why not head on down to Didsbury as your next vacation destination. They totally rule. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Yeah. So my guess is that a large percentage of the town revenue comes from people who are running out of gas while driving between Calgary and Edmonton.

Im very unmotivated at work today. Last week everyone seemed to come down with the plague and on Friday, it was just me, one partner, my assistant, and our real estate conveyancer here. In order for the staff to actually get stuff done, I ended up answering the phones for most of the afternoon. It totally cracked me up because someone would call and ask for me, and Id say "Im sorry, shes on a call right now". Haha. Get it? Cuz I was on the phone with THEM.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love telling people I'm not there when I'm answering phones. Also works at home when bill collectors call.

Unknown said...

"It totally cracked me up because someone would call and ask for me, and Id say "Im sorry, shes on a call right now". Haha. Get it? Cuz I was on the phone with THEM."

I am so using that now.