Friday, November 18, 2005

Hatin'

Before I begin my near weekly rant, Im just going to add that its really warm outside. And this is good. Its 12 degrees (53.6 to the Yanks-- arent you proud of me and my converting skills? yeah, i got skills.)at 900 in the AM.

First: I hate hardware stores. Home Depot, Rona, Totem, Homehardware, Canadian Tire, etc. etc. I dont want to ever step in one again. They used to be a place of neverending amusement for me. I used to love tools. I used to love building stuff. But now, I hate it all. Im sick of it. I wish I could go home and watch the Oilers (who won with a triumphant goal in OT by Stoll against the Red Wings last night) game and drink a Caesar, have a bubble bath and then go to bed...and not have to install shelves, build cupboards, seal windows, etc. etc. instead.

Ok. I dont hate Canadian Tire. I have a dowry of approx $90 worth of Canadian Tire Money ready for who ever is the lucky dude to take my hand in marriage. For those who havent seen/heard of Cdn Tire cash... its monopoly-looking money worth anywhere from 1 cent to $2.00 [same as Canadian coins] that you get back from the store when you make a purchase, with the hope you will come back soon and buy more from the store with it. So with such low denominations, you can imagine the size of $90 of it... quite the impressive prize for my lucky hubby.



Recently other businesses have also starting accepting Cdn. Tire money. A bar that we frequent quite often accepts it on Tuesdays. Being able to trade my dowry for beer I think makes me worth more. So ok, Cdn Tire is ok... but i refuse to go to any of the other places. Just say no to hardware.

Second hate: Intolerance. I know I know. Everyone hates this. But i sure have been feeling it a lot lately. From religious "differences" where i feel that everyone expects you to respect their religious or cultural choices...but they wont accept yours...to the fact that i really really hate when i walk into a cool Chinese restaurant (with such things as Wintermelon soup, fish maw, and red bean paste buns on the menu) and they tell us about the ginger beef and sweet and sour pork. Just because Im white doesnt mean that im only there for the shitty americanized food-- you'd be pissed if you came into my waffle house...and i told you about the rice.

There is no way for me to change this. I guess I have to just somehow put up with it. But its making me pissy that i have to be so tolerant of everyone else...and that I'll never get it in return.

Third: Im pissed at my friends. Especially the ones who live in Calgary. I feel im always chasing them down to do stuff..and they dont do the same for me. The only time i hear from them, it seems, is when they want to go on a spa holiday [ for a deal of only $400 each] or ski vacation [rent your condo today for only 300/week plus airfare] or some sort of lawfirm event that will make me have to make small talk with all the wankers whose asses i kissed to keep a job that i really hated. What ever happened to dinner and drinks? Lunch and a beer? I feel that because they all have been sucked into this downtown yuppie sex in the city atmosphere [ and i have done everything to stay out of it] Ive kinda lost my connection with them. They all make 6 figures and live in overpriced condos. Im 3000 into my overdraft and wonder how Im going to afford groceries next week.

Ok I think Im done. I got the rants out. Remember to send me yer addy if you want a christmas card or goodie. Some people ( Lulu, CBK ) Im talking to you.

4 comments:

CBK said...

Okay, since we met I guess giving you my address isn't too much to reveal. But you'll have to go on our list, too.

And when talking about religious and cultural intolerance, I thought you were talking about something besides Chinese restaurants.

CBK said...

Oh, and I've always wondered. Do you get comment hangover on Fridays, dropping from lots of comments to just a few?

JuicyA said...

the chinese restaurant is a smokescreen for the real reason for my rage...just didnt want to be labelled anti-semetic or anything...

yeah ill totally send my addy too.

comment hangover-- well, its better to have a few, interesting comments than a bunch of one liners.

Monty said...

I tried your link for the addresses, but you're system ID me as a trouble maker and threw me out. Not to worry.I didn't see it as you hating me. You don't even know me.

See all sucked up, and time to go.