Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hump Day

...strangely rhymes with "thump" day. And yes, there are people i currently would like to thump.

My voicemail this morning which, as usual, was filled with people explaining ad nauseum about how they want to sue all sorts of people who looked at them funny, sold them a crappy car, blah, blah, blah, [if i had a rubber mallett for every crazy id like to pummel...] but i also had a few other "interesting" messages.

One was from a lawyer who says he has been doing family law for 15 years. After confirming that he was sending some documents i requested from him... he said [and i quote, im actually typing his message verbatim]

...honestly, though, I looked you up on the Lawyer Search. You are young, you are new to this. You've only been called for a year. Get the Hell out of family law. Its horrible. I wouldnt wish my life on anyone. There are crazy people out there. And they will find a way to your office.


Uhhhhh....okay.

My next message was from the mother of one of my clients. She lives in another province and i am having a hard ass time trying to get her son custody of his daughter. Her son knows what an uphill battle i have had and how much work Ive put into this file. However.... Mom calls me and rants for 10 minutes about how useless i am and how she
"knows i am quite happy to sit back and do nothing while her granddaughter is being molested and have the nerve to bill her thousands of dollars because i am that sick".


Now i think i should call that elder family lawyer and ask him whatelse he can see in his crystal ball.



[pic made with program i was hooked up with on Camo girl's site]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey have you ever had one where the person wants to "knock the block" off of a person because they keep parking in front of their driveway?? Hee Hee.. cuz one day you just might. You may think that you are the same as Dr Phil, but do you have Oprah?

lemon

JuicyA said...

Oprah scares me...so that would be a big no

Monty said...

My father was a tax lawyer. Didn't matter. I stayed as far away from law as I could get. I even took the Law School Admissions Test and was invited to attend two different law schools.

I saw what it did to my father. No thank you. I'll take crazed, but happy eveyday over fighting the IRS, and other 'creative' lawyers.

Thank you for what you do. I'm not capable of it.

Cindy said...

You already called it. The Crazies of Calgary need you.