Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cougarism

The noble cougar:

This animal has the most extensive range of any terrestrial mammal in the western hemisphere stalks its prey to within two or three great leaps, then launches a lightning-fast charge is extremely elusive and a master of camouflage




OR

The older woman at the bar who is really gussied up and on the prowl for a man, preferably a younger one. Her kids are probably at home wondering why it's taking two hours to get a pack of smokes.



So here is the question to my readers:

Is being called a cougar a negative or positive thing?

Im sure that billion people have blogged on the topic, but I wanna know for my own personal reasons. Lemme tell the story now, while you think this one out:

Me and Jer are at a bar sitting on a patio... I see a bunch of fake n' baked women wearing tight dresses, drunk and about to head into a bar in Calgary where many of the 20-30 businessman wanker types hang out. I say to him: Lookit those cougars on the prowl.

His response: You are kind of a cougar.

I was extremely offended by this statement. [ I wanted to rip his head off and shit down his neck, to be exact] and informed him that being called a cougar [especially when im only 28, dating someone older than me, and not showing cleavage] was an insult.

He told me that, in fact, being called a cougar was a compliment because it meant I was sexy and in my later 20s.

I wasnt sold.

He then asked the 19 yr old bubble brain waitress about what she thought about being called a cougar...and she said that it was "like a good thing".

Now I really wasnt sold.

We asked a few more people and received more comments going either way. On performing some due dilligence on the Internet, I also find it goes either way. Cougars are scary people that smell like stale cigarettes and body odour and try to pick up their sons' highschool friends....or they are hot mamas who still "got it" despite being in their 30s and above [think Demi Moore, Susan Sarandon, or Samantha Jones...]

So, dear reading public: What do you think about being called a cougar? [and Im curious about both boy and girl opinions]

14 comments:

Cindy said...

I guess I'd never heard of those types of women being called "cougars"-- just "skanks" around these parts.

So Jer maybe was thinking he was calling you the equivalent of a sex kitten.

The Lily said...

I think for a woman still in her 20s, Cougar is bad. I marvel that Jer is still alive. In your 20s you should still be enjoying: "hot" "party girl" "life of the party" "sweet cheeks" not cougar or MILF.

When I think "cougar" I think, hot without major cosmetic surgery, divorcee with a kid or two, who still has it.

While it's debated, I think you should have progeny and gone through the ordeal that is child-rearing and it's ravaging effects to qualify as cougar. I would go so far as to say that Cougars are grandmothers.

red-5 said...

I agree completely with clairebell. Not a good thing for you.

Besides, its not like you're "on the prwol" much, now that Jer is around.

CBK said...

Cougar, in my mind, is at least 35, attractive, and likes to bed men at least 5 years her junior. Kids/ex husbands optional.

I mostly attach a positive connotation to it, but there can be bad cougars. Being called a cougar at 28, though, can not be good. You have to be older and looking for younger men who will jump at the chance of sex.

Anonymous said...

I myself don't aspire to be a "cougar". I guess where I come from the "cougar" is the 40 year old bleach blonde with roots, sitting in the old bar with the tight shirt and the even tighter jeans. Personally, I hope to be considered a MILF before a cougar.

Lemon

Bsoholic said...

I've never heard of that expression until now, but I'd have to agree with the other commentors. It doesn't seem like something you'd call someone in their 20's.

Monty said...

I grew up in a place where one of the high schools had a mascot that was a cougar. I played some ball there, and let me tell you, I'd never tell one of their defensive linemen that being a cougar was bad. Same thing for the women who went to school there.

Cougar is not a term I have ever heard to refer to a woman in the Eastern US. And, the only thing i can imagine calling any woman that is going to sleep with me and not steal my wallet is sweetheart.

Any other use of the term "cougar" to describe any woman would have to be contextually derived.

Therefore, extrapolating, and using projection onto Jer; I cannot imagine him thinking you were anything less than sensual, delicious, ultimately desireable woman he could imagine existing. I ask for a summary judgment of sweet, caring, concerned lover, and therefore dismissal of these completely unfounded and scurrilous charges.

If you rule enlightenly, and therefore correctly, there's chocolate in it for you.

Agent 31 said...

I've never heard the term before. My only association is with John Cougar Mellencamp, and it's not a good one.

Is he saying you're like John Mellencamp? Is your house pink? What's going on here?

Bliss said...

Never heard the term before.

Anonymous said...

you should definitely be mad a jer for calling you a cougar. it's at least 10yrs premature. and you definitely don't dress cougar either. you're not even puma material

Anonymous said...

I would not call anyone in their 20's a Cougar. In your 20's you're still a kitten. The worst thing you can be called in the feline world is a cheetah!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]juicya.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research displays that nearly 90% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Beneficial, they desideratum to be taught that filing lawsuits is not the advance to be during piracy. As an pick, it's to outline something recovered than piracy. Like cordial of use. It's indubitably a fortuity easier to cascade down the ditch iTunes than to search the Internet with jeopardy of malware and then crappy nobility, but if people are expected to open out loads and part of at to owing ages, it's not succeeding to work. They one be subjected to a see-through together to the fore people concoct software and Cobweb sites that coerce it ridiculously tranquilly to privateer, and up the quality. If that happens, then there determination be no stopping piracy. But they're too leery of and frightened of losing. Risks valuable to be entranced!

flights to guangzhou china

Anonymous said...

I love juicya.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards