Friday, January 27, 2006

Crabby Crabby Crabby

Thats me. The old Crabasaurus...Crabimus Prime...Crabby Craberson and her Carnival of Crabs.

I didnt get a good sleep last night. Besides Digi's waking up by bonking his head on the bed and shaking, I awoke at 500 am to see that Jer wasnt home. Maybe its just me, maybe Im a worrier, but when you arent home on a Thursday night I think a few things:

1. There was an accident and something bad happened; or
2. He "forgot" where he lived...and the something bad will happen to him when he gets home.

So I decided to call his cell. He answered on the first ring. It sounded loud wherever he was [but it wasnt a bar being that all had been closed for more than 3 hours by now...so he was at someone's house....whose I had no idea]. I was mad. I think I said something like "Oh good, you answered your phone...so I guess you arent dead" and hung up. [I was still half asleep BTW]

I fell back asleep...but when he got home an hour later, he woke me up again. Digi actually barked at him [I like to think he was giving his Dad hell for coming home so late]

When the alarm went off an hour and a half later, I was not in the cheeriest of spirits.

I got to work. It was my turn to buy donuts. I forgot. Everyone was like "ohhh its okay...we can go without" But, in all honesty, I really coulda used one.

So now to work. I have a trial on monday. I have no evidence. I have no case law. I have nothing but an old guy who hired someone to renovate his house for over $200,000.00 that he met at his church who he never bothered to check for references. He never looked at building permits. He never saw blueprints. And, not surprisingly, that 5 yrs later after he sold the property...the place started to fall apart and now the guy who bought it is suing him.

I cant settle because we are going after the contractor and the home inspector...and you cant indemnify them if you settle. It needs to be a court hearing.

Im also in the process of firing 2 clients for being jackasses and not listening to my advice.

And Digit peed on my work stuff yesterday.




Okay, Im done. Im going to steal a move from Itchy and now post a random fact about myself [it always makes me laugh when she posts it]:

I don't know how to ice skate, ski, or snowboard.

7 comments:

red-5 said...

Can't Skate!? I think that you status as a Canadian is in jeopardy.

Chuck said...

Damn, you've got it bad...don't ya girl? ;-)

The Lily said...

You need to meet my friend Frank. He is also a very intelligent lawyer no one listens to. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the ability to ice skate was kinda a requirement for Canadian citizenship...

Hope you kicked Jer's ass.

Kisses - Carrie

Itchy said...

Skiing is over-rated. I can hurl my body down a hill towards a tree without strapping slickery wooden posts to my feet to speed up the process. Being shown the proper way to fall by an 8 year old was a great moment in my life!

So...did Jer even realize he'd fucked up or is he, you know...male? hee hee...

JuicyA said...

I may not skate...but i play a mean game of road hockey...

when Jer came home he answered "I was at [someone who he is never mentioned before's] house eating hamburgers" which obviously i should had assumed. duh.

Hes still in kaka...he just doesnt think he is. he believes his obvious reason for being out until 600 on a thursday/friday should get him out of the doghouse.

Bliss said...

Best of luck on the trial! All I have is a little dinky depo of a physical therapist (*snore*).