Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2006: A year, a blog, and a lot of hockey...

JANUARY 2006

I made a resolution to be less lazy.

I was too lazy to follow thru with it. There was an election in Canada and the bad guys won.

FEBRUARY

I started going to the gym again. Something about the increasing size of my ass, im guessing. I think it also had something to do with the fact that i planned a trip to the Dominican in March and i didnt want to be the fat, pasty Canadian on the beach.

The Olympics started-- I was pretty blah about everything except for mens hockey. When we didnt medal, I became pretty bitter about it. [Note: 2006-- The year Juicy spent waaaay tooo much time being worked up about hockey...you'll see this again in a few months.]

MARCH

I went to the Dominican for a week. I drank. I tanned. I drank some more.
Awesome. I then proceeded to talk about that one week for the next 3.



This was a funny joke... until Jer's mom saw it and told us that no, it wasnt funny. ( i also had to have a conversation about wedding planning with her...so yeah, I guess it really wasnt that funny after all)


APRIL

The Oilers began their now infamous playoff run. I was obsessed. There were drunk depressed posts when they lost...and happy drunk gloating posts when we won.


MAY

Playoffs continued with the Oil beating the Red Wings, then Sharks, then Ducks. The Flames of Calgary lost their series. I tried not to celebrate ( but man oh man was it hard!) The Oilers won the Western Conference for me on my birthday. Wasnt that nice of them?

I also celebrated the fact that I wasnt swayed by the popular opinion of Calgary and didnt bet on Calgary owned Brother Derek in the Kentucky Derby. Instead I bet on Barbero. If you were at the track in Calgary that day, did you hear that one person who was cheering? Yeah, that was me. $426 big ones!


I turned 29. Meh.

JUNE

No, we didnt win the Stanley Cup. Shuddup.

Then, to make it worse, Chris Pronger broke up with me.

I was also in a minor car accident-- where a slight bump apparently caused 1500 in damages and injured two people who werent even in the other car. Huh. People suck.

I hated June, apparently.

JULY

I began taking random pictures of my life and posting them. I quickly bored of it.

The July 01 weekend found me on mushrooms yelling "what are YOUR plans for the long weekend?" to people on the phone, in public, and to my dog. I also went to Kelowna for a few days.


The Digit took and barely passed a doggie obedience class. Thats my boy!

I began 'Irina-gate' where after posting and ridiculing some spam i got, I received hate mail, emails from dudes wanting to see crotch shots, and, sadly, no actual response from Irina.

AUGUST

I began linking funny websites. I quickly bored of it.

I drank a lot of mint juleps.

SEPTEMBER

I went to Winterpeg for a wedding. It rained and snowed. I spent the time staying warm by drinking heavily for 4 days.

I began an acting class. Digit began a flyball class. Neither of us has been discovered in our respective fields yet.

OCTOBER

I fought cancer with my boobs ( high five to Itchy, who also did! We rule!)



Although i was filled with great ideas, this is the costume I wore for Halloween.

NOVEMBER

I used spam titles for posts. Thats some funny shit man.

I started talking about hockey again. Im sorry.

DECEMBER

I was really busy at work. It sucked. People bitched alot. Then I fell down some stairs.

I made a resolution to be less lazy.

[See JANUARY]

3 comments:

Cindy said...

At least you were quite the little traveler in 2006...

Unknown said...

You shouldn't be sorry about talking hockey. I appreciate it. I think we're one of the few bloggers who appreciated the Oilers cup run last spring the most.

Itchy said...

I loved the SPAM titles. I was sad to see them end. And I'd forgotten about Irena...

Oh, and my boobies high five your boobies!