Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Thats the sound of my panties hitting the floor



I watched Stranger than Fiction on the weekend and yeah, I really dug it. I think my fave part was the strange relationship between Harold Crick ( Will Ferrell-- the dude who hears someone narrate his life and informs him hes going to die soon) and Anna ( Maggie Gyllenhal-- who steals every scene shes in as the Anarchist Baker).

Ive been thinking a lot about the scene where they finally get it on. Harold bought a guitar and learned to play a few songs, when he goes to Anna's house to get to know her better, he picks up a guitar he finds and starts to play this song. ( I later googled it...its "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric) Anna goes from being amused by Harold, to Thwack! her panties hitting the floor when he starts to sing to her this song.

Ive gone over to guys' places and had them sing me songs on the accoustic guitar hoping for this result-- and it didnt work. One dude actually started playing me the Dave Matthew's band which, if you know Juicy, just made me annoyed and wanted me to get the fuck out of there. But i see it all the time. A dude bringing his guitar camping and singing songs to some chick trying to get into her pants. Casually mentioning to my friends at a bar that hes really into singing to girls in the morning before breakfast (barf!gag!).

So now a question: Does this work? Anyone had this happen to them? And if yes, which song did they sing/was sung to them?

(ps. I did date a guy in Saskatoon just because he sang 'You've got to Hide your love away' by the Beatles at a house party...although i dont think he actually heard my panties hitting the floor because he was singing it to someone else]

9 comments:

~art said...

Actually Juicey it does and has worked, so very sad to say but true. :)

Cindy said...

When I was in my musician phase, a boyfriend wrote a song for me. In retrospect, it was all about me enabling him, but at the time my panties definitely hit the floor.

JuicyA said...

Ok Art, what song was it?

J-Mo said...

I've had a girl ask me to sing to her after hearing me throw out a couple notes while we were walking. I later slept with her. Does this count?

JuicyA said...

haha j-mo, abso-fucking-lutely.... again, what song?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if that works but Wreckless Eric is just amazing. That was kind of a theme song when I was in a relationship with a girl who lived in Germany :) Yay - yeah! Maybe it worked!!!

~art said...

peaceful easy feeling by the Eagles used to work great

Anonymous said...

That's never been my thing, but maybe that's because I'm a musician. Why don't boxers drop to the ground when I play guitar? Fuck that noise.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.