Sunday, December 18, 2005

Action Packed Holiday Post

So Ive actually been up to a bunch of stuff this weekend. So much so that i decided to break the norm and actually post on a Sunday.

Friday was the work Christmas party, which started at about 1130 in the morning with us drinking champagne and eating chinese food. Pretty sweet. The bosses gave me an xmas bonus of 500 smackers which is pretty damn fine.

The actual party didnt start til 630 and it was at Jubilations dinner theatre...which is one of those people-dressed-in-costumes-who-sing-and-dance-and-serve-you-prime-rib sort of places. I aint going to lie to you: it was pretty gay. I mean, i did laugh a few times...but for the most part i just sat there and drank. Actually, that pretty much explains why i was laughing at times. I drank 4 pitchers of caesars and around 7 shooters there. Jer was drunk before the singing/play/gayness started and kept trying to tell me that all the songs they were singing were by Gowan. [who was this really sucky pop singer in Canada during the 80s]

Anyhoo, I drank, I partied and i ended up,overall, having a pretty fun time. Didnt embarrass myself or anything, but did whoop it up. It made me realise that the people i work with are all pretty awesome. Besides the big bonus, the boss gave us all giftcertificates [mine was for Chapters] and made me some mixed CDs. Awesome.

Saturday was also pretty action packed. Gay best friend was in town and we went to the gay bar and danced at night. I met his new BF who is really cute, funny, and, had he not been gay and i was single, i would totally put the moves on. [thats a pretty big compliment... i usually am not attracted to gay guys cuz they are usually pretty girly]

Saturday was also pretty good cuz I convinced Jer to go to a 'Adoptive Greyhound Meet and Greet' at a pet store in town [ I guarantee you that Jer is rolling his eyes as he reads this] and met some 'hounds and their people. We also met Digimon Didit...who is 6, up for adoption, and has the sweetest little face i have ever seen. I was shocked how sedate all the GHs were...with the pet store being filled with screaming children, yappy little dogs, and puppies peeing everywhere. They all just kinda strolled along and licked the hand of anyone who came by to say 'hi'. Anyhoo, I really liked Diggy the greyhound and really really really hope that if 'someone' is reading this, he keeps that in mind.

Now its Sunday and im watching the football. Later today im going to eat Latkes at Jer's mom's house. Im not sure what they are...but so far ive like the jewish food, so it shant be bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am impressed that you didn't have any 'moonlight desires' or major exploits from the xmas party. Relatively tame, which shocks, cuz 'your a strange animal, I've got to follow'. Just glad to see that you can show your face on Monday morning..

Lemon