Thursday, March 09, 2006

I really like 'Africa'

So I think I'll send 1 and 4... just cuz thats what most people thought were the best. Thanks everyone for piping up when dutifully called upon.

Dont do this blog quiz, unless you want to cry. Nothing like a computer telling you that you are going to gain 50 pounds very soon.

I realised yesterday that I really appreciate the song "Africa" by Toto....and that I should voice that here. Im not sure why I thought this yesterday, its not like I dont always listen to that song, blast it to 11 and then sing out the lyrics in a way that must make passing motorists think that Im crazy or something. But yesterday I decided I had better blog it.

I hope the dudes from Toto just happen to Google themselves today, my blog comes up, and they feel better inside. Not that Im assuming that they dont normally feel good about themselves, but Im just saying that song came out a lonnng time ago and they havent put out anything else since.

I just googled them. They are still on tour, and they all look kinda old and fat and are wearing Chambray shirts. Today they are playing in Western Europe [mostly the countries that enjoy the music of David Hasselhoff] and will soon be hitting Japan.
So I guess the chances of them reading my blog is pretty slight...which is good cuz i just called them old and fat.

Anyways, Africa rules. Its a good song.

Fun fact: The dog from the Wizard of Oz, Toto, was stuffed when he died and, until 1995 he was at the MGM Grand in Vegas...until someone stole him. I dont know if hes been returned yet either.

9 comments:

S said...

Hey, I love that song too! Did you know that Howie Day does that song live? It is awesome!

And, furthermore, I was born in Africa, so ya know, I really connected to that song....Happy HNT, you non hnter!

Bliss said...

Ooo...synchronicity. I just had a post up about Zimbabwe.

THE PLOT THICKENS!

Itchy said...

Who would steal a dead stuffed dog? Weirdo...

Jericho said...

haven't visited you in a while, and i'm realizing that that shouldn't happen ~ toto reminds me of college, freshman year... i had Toto IV (i think that was it, it had Africa on it...) and i didn't steal the stuffed canine ~happy weekend to ya~

Cindy said...

Hey, I got that same spam! Anal lick cum blah blah blah.

JuicyA said...

best email spam ever

Bliss said...

"White Meat on Black Street."

Awesome. :)

CBK said...

"Whorgies" is pretty clever, too.

"Rosanna" was a great tune, but "Africa" is one of the best songs ever! The video was cool, too.

Anonymous said...

1. I'm glad you went with 1 and 4. 1 made you look tough AND hot, and 4 included the panties. If you could've combined 1 and 4, even better.

2. Today is Chuck's birthday (really). He's 66.

3. Is a "Whorgy" anything like a "Whorgasm"?

4. I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you about Toto. I was always into punk and such. As your ultimate revenge, it's now going to take me a wek to get that f^$@@!%*g song out of my head. Thanx! :)