Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A real, decent post

I have just come to the realisation that i really havent posted a real, decent post in quite some time. Im just barking out these little snippets or ideas once a day, but really have nothing else to talk about.

Maybe I have ADD or something and can expect that my elementary school will be sending a letter to my parents saying that 'Juicy keeps disrupting the class and we recommend that you medicate her. Now.' I think that if it was in vogue as it is now to medicate your children at school, that those letters definately woulda been sent to my parents. I had this practice of getting up and leaving when i was bored. I would finish whatever the math problem/ picture to colour/ etc. we were assigned, then I would just get up from my desk and leave the room. Usually Id just walk to the water fountain and back...but id take the long route, through the library. If they stopped me, I would just wander around the class...sharpen my pencils...looks outside the window...go say hi to my friends... then wander back. I have all these report cards from elementary school talking about this 'problem'.

Oh and they always said i had problems with 'self control'-- not my fault, if you make me mad, i was going to yell back at you...then I'd start crying too. Then Id be asked to leave the class until i regained my composure. I remember the one time I was told by my Grade 6 teacher, Mrs. Nelubowich, that i had to re-do an assignment because "my handwriting was too messy...and people with messy handwriting dont go on to good things in their lives" [uhh... yeah, I have really suffered. And what about doctors? Worst handwriting ever.], so anyway, I ripped it in half and told her she could re do it if she didnt like it so much. I spent the rest of the day sitting in the hallway. I even missed lunch.

I also would go mental in Gym class if we were playing some sort of sport, like 'soccer baseball' or dodgeball or soccer, and end up flattening someone or smacking someone in the face or kicking them in the shin [that was my speciality, actually]and then being benched for the rest of the game. I once had to speak to the vice principal about the shin kicking.

Actually, I still wander, too. Ill be drafting an Affidavit or something and then just get up, wander to my assistants desk...then wander to the receptionist...then go to the bathroom...then wander back. Ive managed to keep the shin kicking to a minimum.

Look at that. I posted a real post. But now Im bored. Im going for a walk.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Really, you were that girl?

I was the cryer. Wouldn't usually talk about it, just burst into tears. I once cried when I spelled a word wrong in the preliminary spelling bee. The teachers let me back in.

And now I wonder why crying doesn't get me everything I want nowadays.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Itchy said...

My Mom got a note from my 2nd grade teacher. We were practicing our writing skills one day and I did really rather well. The next day, we had to practice again. I drew on my papers...and the teacher asked why I wasn't doing the assignment. My answer: "I did it right the first time." :P

I was the girl who would cry any time she had to get up in front of the class to read anything. Cry and run out of the room all Molly Ringwald dramticly. Fun, no?

JuicyA said...

Haha, I love that we were all cryers..just for different reasons. I cant remember it, but was crying a regular occurrence in most peoples classes? I mean, there must be thousands of little girls crying in their classrooms every day

red-5 said...

Man oh man -- Mrs. Nelubowich. That takes me back. I don't think she really liked me that much. She liked my arch rival, Wes Clarke.

Yeah, I was a bit of a weiner and a cryer as a kid too. I guess I still am. I'm OK with that.

JuicyA said...

Yeah, she did really like Wes Clarke...and Danny Arnold. What was with that? I think she pretty much hated all the girls in our class...even the little goody two shoes